News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

foot switch schematic to stripboard?

Started by chris weaver, April 11, 2018, 10:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris weaver

I've never built a stripboard from a schematic. Can anyone help?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

jball85

chris weaver

A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

bsoncini

My advice. Start small like a simple buffer, Then a simple fuzz, then a tubescreamer. You'll get the hang of it quick enough and get quicker knowing how to get those resistors from one side of an opamp to another. It can be frustrating at first but you really get to know the schematic.

I personally don't mind standing resistors if it means I can put it in a 1590b and not 1590bb. But many people seems to not like that

Edit. Maybe I misunderstood are you trying to do your own Vero layout?

chris weaver

Quote from: bsoncini on April 16, 2018, 02:12:10 PM
My advice. Start small like a simple buffer, Then a simple fuzz, then a tubescreamer. You'll get the hang of it quick enough and get quicker knowing how to get those resistors from one side of an opamp to another. It can be frustrating at first but you really get to know the schematic.

I personally don't mind standing resistors if it means I can put it in a 1590b and not 1590bb. But many people seems to not like that

Edit. Maybe I misunderstood are you trying to do your own Vero layout?
yes I'm trying to build a replacement foot switch for an Ibanez thermion amp

Govmnt_Lacky

In all honesty... why do you even need stripboard? All of that can be built point-to-point relatively quickly.

You just need (3) DPDT footswitches, an enclosure, a TRS jack, a Mono jack, some resistors, (1) Green LED, (2) Bi-color LEDs common cathode, and some wire.

chris weaver

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 17, 2018, 08:08:35 AM
In all honesty... why do you even need stripboard? All of that can be built point-to-point relatively quickly.

You just need (3) DPDT footswitches, an enclosure, a TRS jack, a Mono jack, some resistors, (1) Green LED, (2) Bi-color LEDs common cathode, and some wire.
I love it! Thank you so much