News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doubleganger Issues

Started by gordo, April 14, 2018, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I've built up (well I bought it mostly finished) the 2.1d (I believe) board and having buggered up the orientation of all the LEDs (as in didn't read the fine print in the docs) I have it up and running.  Except...when I engage the effect in either true or spec mode I lose the LEDs for the rate indicators.  The only difference I noticed as I packed it in for the nite was that the ground of the input jack is on a board ground rather than the power jack (as shown in the docs...now that I've read them).  Could it be?

I've checked the wiring at the bypass jack and all seems good, and better yet it bypasses the effect, but the lights go out.  Gotta have cool blinkey lights!  I'll get a chance to jump on this again when I get home but has anyone experienced this?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

bsoncini

You have lights blinking when the effect is off but not on? I have one iirc the lights go off when I turn it off.

gordo

Hmmm, this one is vice versa...
Gordy Power

gordo

bsoncini you got me pointed in the right direction.  By the time I got the LEDs turned around it occurred to me that it has never worked properly from day one.  It now does and I spent a bit of time getting it cleaned up and put together.  A closer look at the Lovetone demos confirmed that in bypass the LFO LEDs go dark.

I picked this up as a "I'll take the whole bloody works" from cajone5.  The board was about 98% complete and I STILL managed to bugger it up :-)

This is by FAR one of the coolest effects I've ever heard let alone own, and I now know what all the fuss is about Lovetone stuff.  Total disclosure is that I'm a dyed in the wool Univibe freak.  My first exposure was Bridge of Sighs and then Heart's "White Lightnin and Wine".  Mind = blown.

None of the online demos do this thing justice.  It's easily worth all the real estate on my board.
Gordy Power