News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Self-Oscillating

Started by mightyshocks, April 14, 2018, 07:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyshocks

Just finished a fairly problem free build of the Aquaboy (2016 ver.) with single Xvive MN3005. Dialed it all in per the instructions and everything sounds great, except that I am going into self-oscillation reaaallly low on the dial - like 1/3 the way up. I read about people socketing resistors at some point to try and address this, but I believe those were for the dual MN3005 versions of the pedal. Any idea which resistor I should be bumping up in this version to address this?

madbean

R30 is the resistor to check. Make sure you have used a 22k there (not 2k2 or something else). You can socket that resistor and try a higher value, too, like 33k or 47k.

mightyshocks

Thank you sir. I ended up going to 100k which allowed self-oscillation to start right about when feedback is maxed. Not sure why it had to go up so high, but it sounds good now soo...(?)

mightyshocks

Oddly enough, having this same problem with the Deathklaw. It goes into self-oscillation with Feedback at only 1/8 the way up (!), with very filtered sounding repeats as opposed to progressively filtered repeats. I checked my values and they seem ok. Is there a specific component that may be the culprit?