News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blueprint tap tempo

Started by Aentons, April 23, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Anybody know how to do the tap tempo mod for the Blueprint?

fair.child

The only clue related to tap tempo is from Patreon EAGLE board for Tap Tempo. It does require an AVR and an MPC. Both of them are 8 pins. Otherwise, I'll go with Taprecise from Marshall Arts. I was looking to this for my Mega Pedal build.

Aentons

Ok, here we go... An official tap tempo

Aentons

Aentons

Aentons

fair.child

this is the board for tap tempo, isn't it?

Aentons

Yes it is. I saw this one offered up for sale right after I asked about it and I've been on the fence about getting an official one so I figured why not. I've only ever seen one other with a tap jack about a year ago or so and it had the older graphic with the picture of the chip on it. There are probably not a whole lot of these floating around and I was super curious after reviewing the build doc.

I don't see this specific board offered on the uk-electronic.de site but there is a similar one that is switch mounted. It has a note about not using it with a modulated delay.

Anyways, I figured someone may be interested in seeing this so let me know if you want an other pics or details if the pics are too blurry.

fair.child

Can you post more pictures to see how the Tap Board is being wired? I have ordered one tap board from uk-electronics.

This is the board and I have confirmed with Patreon board for tap tempo. They are matched.

Kit Tap Tempo V2-TA for Digital Delay PT-80
[130-095]

The rail is the connector for tap tempo board, isn't it?

I see how the Jumper resistors are connected. So, leave the JUMP label off and Wire the TAP with 0 Ohm resistors.

Aentons

Aentons

Aentons

Aentons

fair.child

Thank you! I updated the drawing for the Tap Tempo on the VFE Mega Pedal Thread. Once the board comes, I'll try out and post the build report.

Aentons

I must have pulled something a little too hard trying to get pics. When I put it back together and hooked it up, all I get is static and crackles when it's turned on. I'll have to open it back up and see what's going on. Maybe it will help me understand it a little better to troubleshoot it.