News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brutalist Jr

Started by trailer, April 26, 2018, 05:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Here is my go at a Brutalist Jr. This thing sounds great and will probably replace my drive pedal I use all the time. My girlfriend did the artwork and I couldn't be more pleased. All in all, I love this thing. Just wish I would have got it done sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBK

It's kind of clever how that PCB doubles as a business card. 

Nice art!  I really should ask other people to handle my box graphics for me (it is by far the slowest part of my process).  I've only done that once so far, commissioning my 6-year-old daughter to make this for me:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

trailer

Quote from: EBK on April 26, 2018, 06:09:15 AM
It's kind of clever how that PCB doubles as a business card. 

Nice art!  I really should ask other people to handle my box graphics for me (it is by far the slowest part of my process).  I've only done that once so far, commissioning my 6-year-old daughter to make this for me:

I have a steady hand but can't paint/draw/make anything that looks pretty. Luckily, I have about 10 close friends who are artists in some form or another (tattoo artists, graffiti, graphic design, comic) so I just beg them when I want something done. I have another Brutalist Jr that I'm wrapping up this weekend with slightly different components and a different artist and I'm stoked for that one as well!

I can't express how happy I am with this pedal. It can get super nasty the louder you turn the drive knob however it sounds best around 3/4 turn of the drive know. The best way I know how to describe it is creamy and smooth. Not what I expected from God City, lol. I was ready for face melting noise.

Hexjibber

This looks awesome, great work all round! I've not come across this circuit yet, may just have to order myself a board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrclean77

Business card pcb is slick and I've loved that since I first saw it - me and a mountain of other folks are probably thinking the same thing: Why didn't >I< think of that first?!

Nice build and the acid cat is stellar!

blearyeyes

Really nice one! Love the artwork. Made me interested in building one!

Leevibe

That art is incredible!

TheDude

This causes me to just purchase my own Brutalist Jr. PCB. Really like the artwork. At a quick glance it reminds me of the artwork for Blues Traveler's album Four. Great work!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides