News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Please don´t tell Disney®

Started by verr76, May 05, 2018, 10:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verr76

Took quite a while, but I finaly got this finished.
Tagboardeffects Boneyard, with dual volume, gain and EQ controls, switchable via 4pdt. EQ boards modular so to use a single pole on switch. After that a  Thunderpuss boost.
Graphics are UV printed on an aluminum plate.

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

Zigcat

Willybomb

peterc

Hiwatt style wiring - awesome stuff.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

blearyeyes

You must have gone into a zen nirvana state to do that wireing.

cooder

Very sweet. Did anyone mention the wiring yet?!?
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Make sure you block the exhaust port, otherwise it'll get clogged with X-wings.

Oh yeah, and the wiring, it's good! ;)

verr76

Quote from: mjg on May 05, 2018, 11:39:24 PM
Make sure you block the exhaust port, otherwise it'll get clogged with X-wings.

crap... I knew I forgot something..

thank you ALL!

this was a pain in the ass ... but literaly hahaha ... so much time sitting in front of this.
remember the tom hanks green mile meme ? that was me when I finished  :)

JackSkellington

No words... really cool distortion pedal. 8)

I can see that Boneyard is slightly modified because the two EQs. Though the very clean wiring it's a bit hard to imagine the schematic.
Am I rude if I ask to you to share the layouts or something more about the EQ adding? :P

Thank you very much.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

verr76

Quote from: JackSkellington on May 06, 2018, 02:39:44 AM
No words... really cool distortion pedal. 8)

I can see that Boneyard is slightly modified because the two EQs. Though the very clean wiring it's a bit hard to imagine the schematic.
Am I rude if I ask to you to share the layouts or something more about the EQ adding? :P

Thank you very much.

Not at all ... It´s nothing ultra fancy really.
4PDT's poles:
1-LED indicators
2-Hi / Crunch Switching ... just look up Brian´s prior Boneyard build docs.
3-EQ switching.. take the lead that goes to Volume 3 and conect to both EQ board's IN ... The OUTs of the EQ boards each go to the up and down positions of one of the poles. The center common of that pole is now the lead that goes to volume 3. There is a volume drop because of the extra load, so instead of using the last opamp as a boost , play with the value of R12 to even things out. Same reason I put an independent thunderpuss at the end of this "chain".

4-Volume switching... it's basicaly the same thing that I did with the EQs, but instead of the center common from the EQs going to a single volume pot , I connected it to pin 3 of the two volume pots... this time the "outs" are your pin 2 of both pots, again going each to the up and down positions of another one of the poles. Now this pole's common is your Volume 2 connection (the one that goes to R11 in the above image).

Hope this helps.

ahiddentableau

A thing of beauty!  Congrats!

Adam_DIY

Did you use solid core wire for this? 

verr76

Quote from: Adam_MD on May 06, 2018, 06:14:31 AM
Did you use solid core wire for this?

noup ... 22 AWG stranded.

EBK

I could stare at those pictures all day.   8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

JackSkellington

Thanks for the instructions! ;)

You just learnt to me an import thing I still didn't get.:P
The two EQs should be a simple tonestack, and I guess, a Marshall style could be more appropriate. I see that trimpot, it is the Tone control, probably.

To recover the volume loss you advice to play with R12 - 22k, that should be control the gain of the last op amp stage.
But, could we try to decrease R11 - 47k? Or is right this the thing you advice not to do?
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»