News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Time Warp

Started by cooder, May 08, 2018, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Here's a double box which is a take on Jon Pattons Hamlet delay on a board I designed myself and made by Oshpark, left side is Robert Henry's aka Dead Astronauts 'Chasm Reverb".

Both are buffered bypass, so the delay has the tails spilling over and it can get into self oscillation for some spacey sounds on higher settings.
The 'feel' knob goes from a slightly dirtier analog feel fully ccw to a more pristine digitalish feel on cw setting.

The Chasm reverb is also very spacey sounding (it's designed by an astronaut after all... pun alert...) and I put the oscillation switch of the original version onto a momentary footswitch in middle ('freeze' switch) which on higher dwell and damp settings let's it go off into oscillation as well as long as I hold the footswitch.

Also buffered bypass on this too so reverb tails spill on which makes a lot of sense on this pedal as it's strength are in the full blown cavernous delay and reverb going off the hook.

There you have it. All in a 1790 box.

delay board

reverb board

BigNoise Amplification

blearyeyes

jimilee

Cool. I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Cheers guys.
Quote from: jimilee on May 09, 2018, 07:46:17 AM
Cool. I'd love to hear it.
There's a bunch of demos out there for both circuits, better presented than I could. Check em out if interested.

Here's dead astronauts chasm reverb:

Jon Patton's Hamlet delay:

BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Nope, they are both better guitar players than i. I'd like to hear a real demo from someone that plays "as well as I do"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on May 09, 2018, 02:58:28 PM
Nope, they are both better guitar players than i. I'd like to hear a real demo from someone that plays "as well as I do"
I might have to give it a try then... :o
BigNoise Amplification

Boba7

So many great builds these days!! Love it!