News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soldering in the house?

Started by MadMike, May 09, 2018, 06:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMike

My wife doesnt like the solder smoke and told me I have to solder outside. How do I find a new wife?

jimilee

You could probably build one. Maybe change solder brands or types?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

Could make a DIY smoke extractor. Box-inside-a-box design, mesh sides, aquarium activated charcoal between, computer case fan on top to suck air through. (or spend 20$ for a commercially made one, I suppose)

alanp

Time for the traditional "This is MY shed!" movement of all man-gear? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Try the buy/sell/trade section of forum...? :o
BigNoise Amplification

stringsthings

I've got an inexpensive little fan that I bought at walmart that does a fine job
of getting rid of the solder fumes around the work area.  Not sure if that would work in your case.
All You Need Is Love

matmosphere

My wife has much much more soldering experience than I do. She made stained glass professionally for a few years.

She says no soldering in the house because of the kids. Even with a little exhaust fan. Shes been Arizona and worked with people who've been around the fumes way more than I have, so I go with what the experienced people say.

Gets way to hot in the summer, but I manage.

MadMike

haha thanks guys. I got a little fan at Walmart and setup a station next to the window. She seems okay with it. My marriage is saved for now!