News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

looking for shielded wiring

Started by destro, May 13, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

Being a bit lazy here and just asking instead of searching. Looking for shielded wiring for lfo/high gain issues. Prefer it to be thin instead of the thick old rca wiring I have laying around. If anyone knows a source and cares to share, I'd be grateful. Alternatively, if you have extra laying around you want to get rid of, happy to buy it off ya or trade. Thanks!

davent

It was many years ago but i bought Teflon/Kapton 24 or 26awg from here. Very small cross section, very stiff and teflon coax is a godsend.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Johns-Silver-Plated-PTFE-Wire-Shop/Shielded-Wire-Coax-/_i.html?_fsub=3966787&_sid=155009&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

destro

Awesome. Thanks for the link. Putting in an order this morning!

Govmnt_Lacky

RG-174

Works well for all shielding applications. Is cheap. And, it is very flexible  ;)

destro

Thanks, I was  trying to remember that #... I think I ordered it without paying attention to overall guage size and it was pretty bulky, will be sure to pay attention this time 'round.

Dave_B

Quote from: davent on May 13, 2018, 08:45:14 PM
It was many years ago but i bought Teflon/Kapton 24 or 26awg from here. Very small cross section, very stiff and teflon coax is a godsend.
Wow, thanks.  I just ordered as well.