News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My lame experience with Mammoth electronics (update 5/15)

Started by Primus720, May 14, 2018, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primus720

Mammoth electronics have let me down once again. I asked for H-Top jack locations and this is what I receive. Also, ordered on 5/2 and just received it today 5/14. They never informed me they had a delivery delay, only found out since I ask what was taking long. Called them when I received it: they picked up and put me on hold for about 10 seconds then got hung up on. Called back twice to no respond. Email hasn't been answered either. Highly disappointed.

I will adapt my jacks to fit, but I can't ever get a 100% correct order from them. Probably won't return it since shipping back would already cost me twice the price of the enclosure. Just sharing my experience, hope it goes better for the rest of yous.

thesmokingman

I don't even know where to begin with them ... I'm kinda pissed with myself for continuing give them my business. I need to just buy in bulk from elsewhere and find another place that does decent powdercoating.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

chromesphere

Sorry to hear about your troubles with mammoth. 

Unrelated or maybe its not, hah, they seem to be hitting their facebook pretty hard lately.  :|
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Did they throw in the ketchup packet at least?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

Quote from: pickdropper on May 15, 2018, 03:34:48 AM
Was going to say sonething similar.  :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Muadzin

It's always sad if a webshop drops the ball. Even more if there aren't a lot of alternatives. Because then you are still forced to deal with them.

sjaustin

I've had a mixed experience with Mammoth over the years. I almost stopped using them once, and then it got better. The last two times I've ordered, they have emailed me to say my enclosure color wasn't available, which seems weird but maybe I don't understand how powder coating works. They replace it with a different color, which isn't the end of the world, but I'd rather have known the color was out of stock before I paid, y'know?

Adam_DIY

I'm having exactly the same experience with Banzai in Europe.  You place an order and if you're really lucky you only have to remind them twice to ship your order.  The frustrating thing is I don't know anywhere else in europe to get tall BBs in decent colours.  I'm also pretty sure they sell Mammoth powder coated enclosures.

Hirti

Quote from: Adam_MD on May 15, 2018, 10:43:09 AM
I'm having exactly the same experience with Banzai in Europe.  You place an order and if you're really lucky you only have to remind them twice to ship your order.  The frustrating thing is I don't know anywhere else in europe to get tall BBs in decent colours.  I'm also pretty sure they sell Mammoth powder coated enclosures.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me a few times with Banzai. I stopped ordering from them a while ago.

pickdropper

I haven't done a hard stop with Mammoth, but it's been a long time since I've ordered from them.  I've had enough issues that I haven't bothered in a while.  I'm sorry to hear things are still a bit rough.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

ahiddentableau

Quote from: pickdropper on May 15, 2018, 03:34:48 AM

This is unquestionably the most sparkly silverest of silver linings.

Primus720

This morning (May 15th) I finally received an email from Mammoth. They took accountability for the fault in the drilling process. There is a new enclosure on the way, no extra charge, plus I get to keep the one with the wrong drill holes. The new box should also be here by Friday (1st class ship). So, after an email and 2 Facebook posts, the issue seems to be getting a lot better. Hope all goes well for the rest of yous. And if they fumble, hopefully they can recover like they did for me.

On another note, I just bought a bunch of drill gear to do it myself.  :)

MadMike

I use surplusgizmos.com - I don't buy from their website though, they have an actual storefront near my work. It is my nerd heaven. They have open boxes full of discount components that I can dig through, just like my childhood box of Legos.

stringsthings

Quote from: Primus720 on May 15, 2018, 09:59:29 PM
This morning (May 15th) I finally received an email from Mammoth. They took accountability for the fault in the drilling process. There is a new enclosure on the way, no extra charge, plus I get to keep the one with the wrong drill holes. The new box should also be here by Friday (1st class ship). So, after an email and 2 Facebook posts, the issue seems to be getting a lot better. Hope all goes well for the rest of yous. And if they fumble, hopefully they can recover like they did for me.

On another note, I just bought a bunch of drill gear to do it myself.  :)

Glad you got it straightened out.  I've never ordered from Mammoth due to complaints like yours and satisfaction with the Mousers and Smallbears
of the world.  With your new drill gear, you'll never look back.  I'm still rocking my late dad's corded hand drill which never fails me.
Grab an inexpensive set of step bits ( harbor freight has 'em ) and you're set to go.  A bit of WD-40 works well as a lubricant .  Keeps the bits
from clogging up.
All You Need Is Love

aion

After the debacle with the L5 Preamp enclosures last year, I decided they were out of chances. I've been using Disaster Area for subsequent reorders and they have been fantastic to work with.

They don't really do one-offs the same way as Mammoth, though, so it's more of a small-to-mid-volume sort of thing, if you want fully-finished enclosures (drilled, coated, printed).