News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any NBA fans out there?

Started by stringsthings, May 14, 2018, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Love the NBA.  Playoffs are exciting.  Golden State looks to be pretty hard to beat.
All You Need Is Love

culturejam

I'm a college basketball fan, but I haven't watched NBA with any regularity since I was in high school.

I think Lebron is a great actor, though. He was ace in Trainwreck!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ahiddentableau

I might get into it if it didn't go head-to-head with the hockey playoffs.  And the IPL.  And baseball.  They need to push their season ahead or back by a month.  Preferably back.  Then I'd probably get converted.

Stomptown

Quote from: stringsthings on May 14, 2018, 11:15:29 PM
Love the NBA.  Playoffs are exciting.  Golden State looks to be pretty hard to beat.

I'm a die hard NBA fan.  It's pretty much the only sport I watch.  It was pretty deflating to see my Blazers flame out against the Pelicans in the first round but I've still been following the playoffs.  I honestly expected more out of Houston but the Warriors are definitely back to form after an injury riddled season. It's looking like we will have at least a couple more years of dominance from them before anyone else has a shot at the title (barring injury of course).

stringsthings

Boston looked very strong against the Cavs in game 2.  Is it possible that Lebron won't make it
to the finals this year?  That would be something.
All You Need Is Love

Stomptown

I know! It would be cool to see Boston make it all the way given the injuries they're dealing with.  Once healthy, it looks like they could dominate the east for the foreseeable future. Unless LeBron "takes his talents" to Philadelphia if course. 

stringsthings

Totally agree.  Adding Heyward and Irving back to the Celtics lineup ... faw-get about it!  :)
Might even be able to compete with Golden State.

At this point, I'm leaning on Lebron staying, for the sake of his family.  But you never know.
All You Need Is Love

Stomptown

I agree.  I think the writers and talk radio guys underestimate the family aspect with LeBron.

stringsthings

Houston came back and played much better in game 2.  IMO, Golden State played pretty poorly.  Bad defense
and a buttload of turnovers.  Seems like they missed several open shots, except for KD. 

Gordon, Tucker, and Ariza helped out Houston with good scoring.  Lots of 3's.

No more games till Saturday.  :(
All You Need Is Love

knifedawg

I think LeBron is going to LA or Houston (especially if the Rockets lose to the Warriors in the WCF). Also re: his family, it came out this year while the Cavs were struggling that both LeBron's wife and mom begged him to not go back to Cleveland. His whole family splits time between Miami and LA. 

stringsthings

Impressive to see Golden State at pretty much full strength in game 3.  When Curry is a bit off, they're still pretty good.
When he's on, they're just scary good-unbeatable.   

Golden State also forced the Rockets into a lot of turnovers.

All You Need Is Love

Stomptown

Yeah, I don't see anyone stopping the inevitable this year.  Especially if Curry can keep producing like that.

stringsthings

... and then Golden State goes and lays an egg in game 4 ... scoring a whopping 12 points in the 4th quarter.
Andre Iquodala was injured, but that's no excuse.   It's frustrating to watch them lose focus and blow a game.
All You Need Is Love

stringsthings

Both series are going to game 7.  Very exciting.  Injuries look to play a vital role.
Chris Paul, Andre Iquodala, Kevin Love.  Key players. 

Some guys on ESPN were downplaying Love's role with the Cavs.  Even if his numbers aren't there,
the other guys don't have his experience and aren't used to the increased minutes.

IMO, the Rockets are overplaying their players.  Basically a rotation of 6 in game 6.  They ran out of gas.
All You Need Is Love

Stomptown

The King has done it again!  Not much of a chance against the Western champ but you never know... As for the other series; I take great joy in watching Chris Paul go down with another nagging injury.  Karma bites back hard on those who repeatedly punch other men in the junk for the sake of winning. Hopefully the Rockets can keep it close.  It was pretty shocking to see them drop off in the second half.