News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Genuine Fake (Razorback rehouse)

Started by Willybomb, May 19, 2018, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Here's Genuine Fake, a pedal I've made as a gift for a friend who doesn't know she's getting it yet.  It's a rehouse of Razorback (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23868.msg233581#msg233581) as I used that box for Red5.

She's a Malmsteen fan and I was going to put a YJM308 in this, but decided it sucked so the jfet drive went in instead.  The name comes from me finding a Malmsteen strat in the local Crime Converters, ringing her, her getting excited and running the serial numbers while I was trying to get the thing to intonate and tune up in the shop (it wouldn't).  Turned out it was a fake, so I told the bloke in the shop and he wasn't very impressed.  Needless to say, we didn't buy the guitar.

Tayda powercoat with datapol sticker and a couple of clearcoats on top.  There was a few issues with applying the sticker, so this isn't my best work.  No gutshot, it's even rougher than Lightspeed or anything else I've put up in the last few days.

WIlly.

alanp

I like your sense of humour! (And your build, too!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Really cool, love the graphics and theme. What a good laugh and brilliant present!
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Superb job getting all the colors to match!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

I'm super lucky that tayda's red powdercoat is Ferrari red!