News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

health vs. mbp

Started by madbean, May 21, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Some may (or not) have noticed I've barely been around the last few weeks on the forum except for a couple of scattered posts. About three weeks ago I ended up in the ER with a blood pressure well north of "exploding heart" territory (take the highest numbers you see on the scale, add 30 and that's about where I was). Luckily, with medication it's being managed down to just under "hypertension 1". Unfortunately, there are still some issues that are making everyday life difficult: I cannot be upright and doing normal things without an enormous pressure developing in the my head. So far, my doctor has not been able to find a reason for the pressure and I don't know how long it will be before I am back to just regular abnormal.

Point is, things are at a crawl right now. I am shipping orders when I can but that's about it. I can be up for about 30 minutes or so before I have to lay down to make the pressure subside (it sucks). So, don't expect too much to be happening in the next few weeks. The exception is that I did order the UberTuber boards as well as some re-stocks and a few new prototypes. Those should be here in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, this post is not a sympathy grab...but since it is having such a big impact on my life it's important for everyone to know I have not abandoned mbp. I just need some time to get better. That's happening, but very very slowly.

Stomptown

Sending good vibes your way Brian. Take it easy and get well soon.  :)

madbean

I just realized "Exploding Heart Territory" is the perfect name for my Foreigner cover band.

pickdropper

Take care of yourself, Brian.  That's more important than anything.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ralfg

Get healthy man. Hope they figure it out and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

joltjrs

gtr2

Get well soon Brian!
Thoughts and prayers...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

zombie_rock123

Take care of yourself man, I hope you're well super soon for you and your family.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

bsoncini

Take as much time as you need. Health is way more important than pedals.

Get well soon

jimilee

Feel better, take care of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Take care of yourself!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

PariahBrothermann

Look after yourself bud. Health first!

Adam_DIY

Yup health first look after yourself Brian. 

m-Kresol

All the best and a fast recovery. get well soon
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jubal81

That's gotta be scary. Take care of yourself, bud. Don't push it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair