News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Building ain’t dead

Started by dropanchor812, July 14, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropanchor812

All this talk of the building community slowing down or whatever got me feeling a little convicted about my lack of participation in what helped me get so interested in the first place.  So here's a bunch of builds I've done recently!

Into the Unknown - my first successful etch!

Little SHO

DiabloChris6's Nasal Cavity aka Sample/Hold side of a Maestro FSH... I have added the CV input since building this and it's a fun little add-on.

Madbean Pepperspray - so this and the next one were builds I did for a guy locally who had wanted to get into building, bought some boards and parts, but ran out of time be able to start it up.  Really pleased with how they turned out.

Madbean Sabertooth - he was a twin peaks fan, thus the chevron pattern

Obviously, these all look very similar, but I've been trying to get things more consistent and recognizable as I have gotten a lot of interest from locals about doing one-off builds and whatnot.  Still trying to fine-tune the process, but I've also really enjoyed etching a lot more than I had.  Using an abstract design takes some of the pressure off when you're trying to get it to look "right". 

And just to comment on the other threads regarding the current state of building... for me, posting to Instagram is just so much easier and more of my musician friends who may be interested in a build will see it there.  Contributing here is important, but it typically falls to the wayside after I've already sent images of a new pedal out into the world via social media.  Regardless, I'd like to be better about being active on here again.  I would probably have given up building a long time ago had it not been for the support of this forum! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dropanchor812

Forgot one more....

Jubal'a Schooner in its own box.  1590g with Mammoth's untapped clearance enclosures.  Had some problems making sure the standard size 3pdt wasn't shorting on the backplate, but with a little dremeling we got it worked out. 

jimilee

That's a very cool idea, I hadn't thought about that.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

These look fantastic! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

selfdestroyer

Really like the mix of the etching and the metal stamps. Great job!

Cody

nzCdog

Oooh loves me a good etch!  Those look great, nice work! 😊

cooder

Great stuff and nice etches too!
BigNoise Amplification

drog_trog

mjg

I like the way you did the lettering on the harmonic percolator, following the etch.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website