News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Health update and also a sale

Started by madbean, May 31, 2018, 04:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

ok, I'll bite. what is that mahooosive board on the top left?

I see why this is tempting. Still, try not to get overwhelmed. Some easy soldering and tinkering sounds good to me, though. I think it's the business side that will get stressfull
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 04, 2018, 11:56:53 AM

That's the MicroSynth. Probably not a project I would offer on the regular but something I want to attempt to build.

Yahoo67

I see some smd chips on that first PCB !!
Excited to see new projects ^^

cooder

Looks like a Harbinger for a wah shell there too.... Noice! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

junkemail86

stringsthings

Quote from: madbean on June 04, 2018, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on June 04, 2018, 11:56:53 AM

That's the MicroSynth. Probably not a project I would offer on the regular but something I want to attempt to build.

Want!  :)
All You Need Is Love

madbean

BTW, for all those non-Americans who are curious: my ER visit which included a CT scan, EKG, blood test, zero medication and BP monitoring all done in about 2.5 hours (and probably less than 7 minutes with an actual doctor) came to over $2500 WITH insurance. Without: over $10k. That's how fucked up the USA is.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Quote from: madbean on June 05, 2018, 03:16:38 PM
BTW, for all those non-Americans who are curious: my ER visit which included a CT scan, EKG, blood test, zero medication and BP monitoring all done in about 2.5 hours (and probably less than 7 minutes with an actual doctor) came to over $2500 WITH insurance. Without: over $10k. That's how fucked up the USA is.
Glad you're better... and that bill and cost is really bad...
I had a three day stay in hospital here (in ER and two days ICU) with pacemaker inserted, test and and all follow up etc.
No private insurance. No cost to me. Glad to be out again with a ticker inserted.
I'm now on my third pacemaker (batteries go flat after approx 5 years).
Praise the public health service (even though not everything is ideal here too...),
BigNoise Amplification

Ralfg

Yeah man I was worried, I assumed you are self employed, how bad it would be. It's stories like these that make me realize how lucky I am that my company provides really good health insurance. Though it could be a ploy to keep people from leaving.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

madbean

Quote from: Ralfg on June 05, 2018, 04:15:15 PM
Yeah man I was worried, I assumed you are self employed, how bad it would be. It's stories like these that make me realize how lucky I am that my company provides really good health insurance. Though it could be a ploy to keep people from leaving.

We get insurance through my wife's company but the plan gets worse ALL THE TIME. I think our deductible is like $5k a year now.

nzCdog

Wow.  :o :(

EBK

The thing that gets me is that when you think you've paid your bill for a hospital visit, you haven't.  Separate bills for hospital, doctors, lab tests, etc., all arriving at different times, perhaps weeks apart.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Rockhorst

Wowsers...Did a blood test a while ago...$250. I've set my personal deductible level quite high but basically my health bill for things like this will never exceed $800 a year. It could be less (at a higher monthly rate). That's the Netherlands :) Move over here Brian, we have cheaper postage too ;)

m-Kresol

I was at the hospital for 2 days a few years back. Besides blood work and Xrays, they did not have to do any testing. I never saw a single bill...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials