News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Escher's Steps, Taniwha and some Spring Reverb (FV-1 trio)

Started by cooder, June 04, 2018, 12:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Three boxes with FV-1 chips, boards and chips / eeproms from pedalpcb.com.

Escher's Steps is the D3lay project, Taniwha is the Octagon multi effect and Spring Reverb is the first (now discontinued and superseded version) of Radium Springs.
Taniwha means by the way: "In Māori mythology, taniwha (Māori pronunciation: [ˈtanifa])[1] are beings that live in deep pools in rivers, dark caves, or in the sea, especially in places with dangerous currents or deceptive breakers (giant waves). They may be considered highly respected kaitiaki (protective guardians) of people and places, or in some traditions as dangerous, predatory beings, which for example would kidnap women to have as wives." (Thanks Wikipedia...)
Knob labeling on taniwha is tahi / rua / toru meaning one / two / three for the different controls that do different things depending on which effect is selected with mode switch.

Sorry about light reflections on acrylic face plates, light was tricky when I took photos. Guess i need a light tent or so...
Nice sounding effects in there, very versatile delays and lotsa stuff to discover especially on the Taniwha (Octagon) multi effect. Also really like the atmospheric sounds on the Escher's Steps / D3lay.
BigNoise Amplification

Marshall Arts

Nice enclosure grounding :-). How is the sound in front of an amp (not in an fx loop)? On another FV1 effect, I had a lot of hiss that way, so I am thinking of getting the octagon...

woolie

Are the screws on top just for the looks? Did you tap the enclose for them or just glue them in?

Nice looking builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nzCdog

They look cool, nice work! Need to check out more fv1 stuff 😊

cooder

Quote from: Marshall Arts on June 04, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
Nice enclosure grounding :-). How is the sound in front of an amp (not in an fx loop)? On another FV1 effect, I had a lot of hiss that way, so I am thinking of getting the octagon...
Cheers, I don't have much hiss or noise in my setup with these, so can't complain. Works for me. It takes a bit of getting your head around the knobs and what they do when certain modes are selected.
I guess just listen and tweedle with da knobs...
Quote from: woolie on June 04, 2018, 09:52:31 AM
Are the screws on top just for the looks? Did you tap the enclose for them or just glue them in?

Nice looking builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers, the screws are tapped, 2.5mm hole drilled, M3 tap. They are both a bit for the looks but also to hold the acrylic faceplate down on corners. They wouldn't really be necessary, but I like them.

Quote from: nzCdog on June 04, 2018, 11:40:19 AM
They look cool, nice work! Need to check out more fv1 stuff 😊
Cheers Corey!
BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

bsoncini

Quote from: Marshall Arts on June 04, 2018, 12:36:40 AM

I have built a few of these pedalpcb fv1 builds and they are about as quiet as I could ask for.  Even when daisy chained with 10 other pedals