News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Early Aquaboy w 3PRR

Started by Haberdasher, June 07, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Hey guys, long time no build report!
Here's an old-school aquaboy I've had for ages.  Decided to go with 15v, so I threw in one of bean's 3PRR pcb's.  I'm not 100% sure it was necessary, but I made my own long pin pcb mount pots so I could stick the I/O jacks under the board to make room for the 3PRR.  So that was a little extra work, but worked out great in the end.
The graphics were done in photoshop, and etched n a black faceplate with clear coat enamel.  I used a diffused purple led which looks really nice I think.  I'm not too crazy about the cream knobs but there was no contrast with black ones.  So let me know what you think about that.
I hope you like it!

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

zombie_rock123

Shes a beaut. If youre not happy with the knobs (i like the look) get some purple ones to go with the led  :)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Bret608

Looks awesome! Long pin pots, eh? I've wondered before what builders have to do to be able to get jacks under the board. So question answered, I guess!  :)

cooder

Top notch and above... very very noice!
BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

Wowser, that's spiffy! Great build. Glad to see you haven't lost a bit off your etching chops.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

That looks great.  I dig the etched plate.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

stringsthings

Looks great!  White knobs might look good, but the cream ones are fine.
All You Need Is Love