News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EQD Dirt Transmitter - A De-build Report

Started by storyboardist, June 08, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Not a build report, but a dissection report I guess. Grabbed one of these off Reverb a little while ago and traced it this past week. Made a video while I was at it and thought I'd share it with you guys. Etch-able layout on my blog and it's also on my store if you want to go that route (links below).

Schematic:

Layout (click the image):

Fabricated board (click the image):

Guy behind Effects Layouts

joltjrs

nice. just got one in for repair, coincidentally.

Ralfg

Nice! I was curious about what was going on inside this pedal, now I know thanks to you!
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

jubal81

Very nice work!
I'd think C2 should be flipped since the input is at ground potential and the base of the first transistor is biased with positive voltage.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

storyboardist

Quote from: jubal81 on June 08, 2018, 07:52:04 PM
Very nice work!
I'd think C2 should be flipped since the input is at ground potential and the base of the first transistor is biased with positive voltage.

That was my thought too, but the negative side of that cap definitely goes to the base of Q1.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

somnif

Huh, the goofy metal can low gain silicon transistor is actually still available retail. That's awesome.

cooder

Very interesting, thanks for dissecting it! Just trying wrap my head around it...
BigNoise Amplification

Rockhorst

Inspirational video to watch man. Your board routine is different from mine. I usually place all components first in the best way I see possible and then start the wiring. Your method doing both simultaneously makes total sense though. Cool to watch.

pickdropper

Quote from: storyboardist on June 08, 2018, 08:12:24 PM
Very nice work!

That was my thought too, but the negative side of that cap definitely goes to the base of Q1.

They really shouldn't be trimming the leads far into the solder joint like that.  That can cause issues.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

Awesome work David.. Great job on the video also!

Cody

MadMike

Nice work - interesting arrangement of the dirt knob. I'd like to try that!

madbean

Quote from: storyboardist on June 08, 2018, 08:12:24 PM
Very nice work!

R1 doesn't seem necessary, either, being in parallel with the Dirt pot.