News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Octofuzz

Started by MadMike, June 13, 2018, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMike

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share my first ever PCB. This is based on the parasit studios (much respect)TofuZZ, but I completely reworked the schematic and added a boosted wet/dry blend, bias control, a hard clipping limiter and changed a few cap values. I'm not sure if it will work, but I've spent hundreds of hours on it and the one on my bread board sounds awesome. I'm excited to get the board!

Cheers!

MadMike

Also the transistor is 2n4401. 2n3904 produces too much gain and I forgot to update that. V1 is vol, B1 is wet/dry, B2 is the original dirty blend and P1 is bias (labelled octoblend because it has a big affect on the intensity of the pseudo octave sound)

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

matmosphere

Nice, do you have a sound clip by chance? I'd love to hear it.

MadMike

I'll try to record a DI clip from the breadboard tonight!

Update: https://youtu.be/LB_CVFA69HY here's a sound demo!

cooder

Excellent work, would love to hear a demo once you have it going the way you like! Very cool!
BigNoise Amplification

MadMike

Thanks! Yes once the boards come and it's officially built,  I'd like to record a proper mic'd / video demo. The last bar on the above demo you can really hear the dry blend. I love how it sounds with slap bass!

diablochris6

Good job! Will the pots be wired offboard?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

MadMike

The original plan was board mounted pots. I couldn't get a clean layout how I wanted and I spent 2 days trying! This was kind of a compromise. The pots will be directly under the board so if they don't reach the wiring will be super short.