News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BLMS how has PCB pots

Started by gordo, June 18, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Subject says it all.  I was waiting for Lawrence to let rip on 16mm pcb's.  Still the fastest service in the industry.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

ahiddentableau

Anyone checked out their powder coated enclosures?  What's the quality like?  Better/worse/similar to Tayda?  I've never bought from them but their line has sure improved in the last couple years.

sjaustin

Quote from: ahiddentableau on June 18, 2018, 04:40:37 PM
Anyone checked out their powder coated enclosures?  What's the quality like?  Better/worse/similar to Tayda?  I've never bought from them but their line has sure improved in the last couple years.
I've used a bunch of the white ones. They are good quality and totally useable. Here's my latest build in one of them.

stringsthings

Cool!  I think I can build a couple of pedals now just from their parts. ( and what I have in stock )
All You Need Is Love

Rockhorst

$0.53? Seriously? That's insane. They're not Alphas, but probably have the same measurements? Any ideas on quality?

gordo

Did a restock order so am placing a lot of faith in Lawrence's stock.  He's never failed me so expect to report back positive.  Smallbear, Mouser, and BLMS are my goto's.
Gordy Power

gordo

Powder coated stuff is perfectly cool for my stuff and most of the builds I do.  Not top shelf, but (and I HATE to use the term) for the price these are great.
Gordy Power

stringsthings

Using some of the BLMS pots.  They have a very good feel. Not as stiff as tayda's.  No pin to cut off either.
They don't come with pot condoms, so I've got some electrical tape on the back.
All You Need Is Love

gordo

Update.  Nice action on these things and no tabs to cut off so no complaints.  I had one with a mismarked value on the back case but the actual marking on the front was correct.  With absolutely no disrespect to Steve at SB (still my go-to) I've tried to do all my knob/enclosure/and now pot orders from BLMS.  Lawrence's shipping is second to none, even in comparison to Mouser so a nice benefit.
Gordy Power