News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

To hell with decline!! Let's talk about our personal projects happening now!

Started by culturejam, June 23, 2018, 06:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

I'm currently working on two bass guitars and a Jazzmaster that I'm building. And after that I'm going to start my first Explorer and I'm probably going to build my first Mattocaster.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Stomptown on June 23, 2018, 09:30:55 PM
Here's where I'm currently at with the amp builds:

Nice Jon! Did you build up those turret boards or did you buy pre-made?

PMowdes2

So I'm working on a version of the no name flanger.  A few tweeks and the daughter board to sort before i get some boards fab'd

DeadEndFX

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: PMowdes2 on June 24, 2018, 12:06:56 PM
So I'm working on a version of the no name flanger.  A few tweeks and the daughter board to sort before i get some boards fab'd

Would be SWEET if you could get it all on one board  8)

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Adam_DIY

I've got a total recall, a 4 in 1 multi boost and Tim clone which need the enclosures finished so I can get them assembled. I've also got a tele build on the go and am just waiting on the neck and body coming back from the painters so I can get it assembled too.  I received a sneak peak from the painter about a week ago while we wait for the nitro to cure enough to get buffed and polished. 

cooder

What a cool thread, great to see all those fab and creative things in the pipeline!
Take that, blimmin' "decline"...
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

chromesphere

I like this thread :) I was surprised to see the decline thread to be honest, I was thinking the opposite, but as I mentioned in the decline thread, its a personal perspective really, in my opinion.  I'm very active at the moment so things 'seem' busy and active as well.  I guess you create your own atmosphere to some extent.

I have been burning the midnight oil and catching up on a lot of work that I have left a little dormant.  Lots of new videos, a new kit option for the hydra, restocking the store and adding new products (enclosures being one of them, more parts are on the way).

At the moment im working with a digital programmer and we are coming up with some ideas for digital projects.  He's an incredibly knowledgeable engineer.  Between he's knowledge of digital circuits and my experience with the guitar pedal community, i'm excited to see what the 2 of us can come up with.  Im thinking preprogrammed chips with pcbs.  That sort of thing.

When the weather warms up (Australia = winter at the moment) im looking at taking on a small group for a build a fuzz pedal day.  I really enjoyed the build a pedal class we did about a month ago with box hill tafe and I want to follow it up with another smaller group.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 24, 2018, 01:14:51 PM

It's easier if you aren't trying to squeeze it into a 1790NS :)

PMowdes, what enclosure is that for?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

PMowdes2

Quote from: alanp on June 24, 2018, 06:44:41 PM

It's easier if you aren't trying to squeeze it into a 1790NS :)

PMowdes, what enclosure is that for?

It's for a 1590D.  I was surprised by how much free space there was actually, once I had everything on the board.  The ring stinger was way more challenging than this to get all the control onboard.  I think i'm going to leave the daughter board as is.  I could probably squeeze everything on but is it really worth the extra hassle??
DeadEndFX

juansolo

I'm building one on Alanp's piggy back boards and in a 1590XX with 6 jacks and 3 stomps it's insanely tight. The template had to be down to the mm to get it all to fit. It's all the hardware on that thing that screws you.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

stringsthings

Quote from: Adam_MD on June 24, 2018, 03:20:02 PM
I've also got a tele build on the go and am just waiting on the neck and body coming back from the painters so I can get it assembled too.  I received a sneak peak from the painter about a week ago while we wait for the nitro to cure enough to get buffed and polished. 

Looks great!  The tele Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles is very good.  My HB has one and it's excellent.
All You Need Is Love

Rockhorst

EQ is everything in my pedal building live right now. I've been simulating and testing all sorts of tone stacks after the same basic distortion building block and the differences are huge, even if 'on paper' two designs should yield similar results they don't. It's somewhat unpredictable (use your ears, not your simulation) but it's the difference between great and meh sounding crunch. The best pedal purchase ever was a (quite expensive) Boss PQ-4 from eBay. Everybody goes for the graphic GE-7 so it went out of production quickly (hence the price tag) but that thing is such a powerhouse. I'm trying to create some interest in the required rev log pot for the circuit (see group buy) but so far, no dice ;) Seems DIYers are content with using a log pot that turns 'the wrong way'. Anyway, that pedal was such an eye opener. It's another example of Boss engineers' ingenuity that gets swept aside because guitarists can't wrap their brains around it haha.