News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

To hell with decline!! Let's talk about our personal projects happening now!

Started by culturejam, June 23, 2018, 06:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amcmann95

Currently trying to make a semi original big muff pcb.  Basically just taking a muff and adding every possible mod I can get in there. So hi/low pass filters,active 3 band eq, diode switching and lifting, maybe some circuit bending drone footswitches.

Anyone have any favorite b.m mods I should look into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amcmann95

Currently trying to make a semi original big muff pcb.  Basically just taking a muff and adding every possible mod I can get in there. So hi/low pass filters,active 3 band eq, diode switching and lifting, maybe some circuit bending drone footswitches.

amcmann95

Yahoo67

You should check out Barry s guitarpcb.com version. It got lots of mods. Tone bypass , hi low pass filter, sweep pot, tonebender switch and switchable clipping if remember correctly. Its pretty awesome... But The site looks down for maintenance for a week tough :\ don't know if you can get your hands on the build doc...

alanp

Juansolo has an Excel spreadsheet with several Muff variants, perhaps you could poke through that for ideas?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

peAk

Building armadillo traps over here. They are wrecking havoc on my flower beds

somnif

Good old Daisypus novemcinctus. We have a collection of their skeletons and shells we use to teach skeletal anatomy (their short stumpy forearms are good examples of a speed-strength trade off). Plus it gives me an excuse to tell the story of how they jump straight up when startled (often into the grill of an oncoming car).

Plus, Leprosy!

(I teach an intro Bio lab, for reference)

diablochris6

Quote from: somnif on June 30, 2018, 08:23:24 AM
Good old Daisypus novemcinctus. We have a collection of their skeletons and shells we use to teach skeletal anatomy (their short stumpy forearms are good examples of a speed-strength trade off). Plus it gives me an excuse to tell the story of how they jump straight up when startled (often into the grill of an oncoming car).

Plus, Leprosy!

(I teach an intro Bio lab, for reference)

Even spending much of my childhood in central Texas, the only armadillos I've ever seen are dead on the side of the road.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

thesmokingman

an armadillo fight was one of the better nature moments ever ... they kinda run at each other, do a flip, kick at each other, and run some more.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

EBK

Quote from: somnif on June 30, 2018, 08:23:24 AM
Plus, Leprosy!
This gave me a good long out-loud laugh for some reason.   ;D

It would make a fantastic band name!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

stringsthings

That's pretty neat.  What do armidillo's eat?  plants and bugs?
All You Need Is Love

Philtre

Well, I recently built a modified Fuzz Factory clone and called it the "Fuzzadillo".

somnif

Quote from: stringsthings on July 01, 2018, 03:18:08 AM

90+% insect based, supplemented with the occasional egg, lizard, frog, or baby mouse if they happen across them. Very little vegetable matter.

Quote from: Philtre on July 01, 2018, 06:46:56 AM
Well, I recently built a modified Fuzz Factory clone and called it the "Fuzzadillo".

Excellent 8)  Fun fact, the common armadillo of North America (9-banded, as seen above) cannot roll into a ball. Only the 3-banded Armadillos of South America have that particular trick (Your graphic is biologically accurate!).

....Not entirely sure how this thread got side tracked into Armadillo Facts, but ok!

Philtre

Quote from: somnif on July 01, 2018, 07:23:18 AM

90+% insect based, supplemented with the occasional egg, lizard, frog, or baby mouse if they happen across them. Very little vegetable matter.

Quote from: Philtre on July 01, 2018, 06:46:56 AM

Excellent 8)  Fun fact, the common armadillo of North America (9-banded, as seen above) cannot roll into a ball. Only the 3-banded Armadillos of South America have that particular trick (Your graphic is biologically accurate!).

....Not entirely sure how this thread got side tracked into Armadillo Facts, but ok!

Well, that's good to know although I can't take credit for the dillo graphic as I found it on Google search.

stringsthings

Quote from: somnif on July 01, 2018, 07:23:18 AM

Awesome.  Do they bite? Or are they kind of tame due to their armor?  I imagine they can't run very fast.

( this is my final armadillo question so the thread will get back to normal )  :)
All You Need Is Love