News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

To hell with decline!! Let's talk about our personal projects happening now!

Started by culturejam, June 23, 2018, 06:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

peAk

vinylkey

I have a thing that I'm building for my dad that's still in progress: a battery powered practice amp. I got a cheap SS amp from Monoprice just for the cabinet. I replaced the speaker with a Jensen C8R and replaced the black grill cloth with some Oxblood stuff that was on sale at Mojotone.  The circuit is the Runoffgroove Professor Tweed, going into a little 2.5W class D amp as a power section. I designed and 3d printed a bit to hold 6x AAs for power.  What's mostly left here is to make a new metal enclosure to hold all the electronics.  I'm still struggling with figuring out how to cleanly cut my aluminum sheet to size. Then it goes into the cheapy Harbor Freight metal brake to bend it into a box.

peterc

I have has a quiet year in my studio, so I have started building pedals on a limited scale for casual sales. Been a bit of fun as I have a lot more tools now which helps with the pleasure factor.

No Madbean pedals in here, but I have had fun times honing my guerrilla metalworking skills again. Or perhaps they have been honing me.....

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

peterc

QuoteThose faceplates are nice!

Thanks, inkjet clear sticker film with an extra sheet stuck over the printing for protection. Metal is regular brass sheet from a model shop.

peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Philtre

Quote from: peterc on July 07, 2018, 09:02:56 AM
Thanks, inkjet clear sticker film with an extra sheet stuck over the printing for protection.

Interesting. How durable is the sticker film using this approach?

chromesphere

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

I know! You're going to put in a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on July 08, 2018, 02:30:46 AM
I know! You're going to put in a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle!
How did this thread go from Armadillos to rubber chickens...?
BigNoise Amplification

BryGuy

Got the OLP all apart. Figured while I was at it that I might as well draw up a pcb for an on board preamp. Now I just need choose a new color for the body. Any suggestions?