Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Valvecaster a’la sci-fi

Started by Tom Lauten, June 27, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

culturejam

Need to see guts or it's a rehoused Behringer.  ;D

That's a gorgeous build. How did you do the graphic?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Tom Lauten

Quote from: culturejam on June 29, 2018, 11:48:19 AM
Need to see guts or it's a rehoused Behringer.  ;D

That's a gorgeous build. How did you do the graphic?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

There's not much to it but I'll have a peek inside next week. Owing to the meters design there is an "upper and lower floor". I'll warn you now though, once it works I tend to jam the lid on these "maf'ks" and make them look pretty on the outside.

I found a font online and popped it into MS Paint. Had to install a couple of plug ins.

After printing plain paper tests I printed the graphics in colour onto water slide transfer paper, sealed them and applied them like a model kit.

drog_trog

wow, ive seem some interesting ways of incorporating tubes in enclosures but this is awesome. looks like it was made 50 years ago! very nice indeed

Tom Lauten

blearyeyes

you really don't even have to play it. just having it around it's cool enough to be a conversation piece

Leevibe

This is both inspired and inspiring. I love steampunk, diesel punk, atom punk stuff. This is my new favorite pedal. Great job!

Tom Lauten

Thanks Dan and Lee, very much appreciated!

m-Kresol

this is all ways of awesome. Really love what you did there, has a great vibe to it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Tom Lauten

Thanks guys...stop tempting me to turn out a kit! 😬

reddesert

Nice. Great vision.

Did you distress the aluminum plates and hardware so as to match the apparent age of the meter and especially the terminal / knobs?

oip

oh wow this is freakin amazing!  great job

Tom Lauten

I did a bit of aging on the aluminium and the other hardware, as you say, to try and pull everything together in terms of "patina"

Boba7

Haha that's so awesome!! Amazing work! But I too want a gutshot!! :)