News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wobbly Bits

Started by cooder, June 28, 2018, 03:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

More tremolo than you throw some jelly at...
Two tremolos in one box, because why not, I need some wobble in my life.

First is a straight forward trem based off Double Flush schematic, sounds and works nice and a great standard clean tremolo.
Then it goes into Drolo's most excellent harmonic tremolo. This is the first version of the Twin Peaks and I had it lying around far too long.
Good things take time though and I put it all together two months ago and got great sound BUT the tap tempo didn't work .... sigh... after lots of double checking and poking I contacted David who was very quick and super kind to help with trouble shooting, much appreciated, legend!

(That photo was taken before I put in the TAPLFO version 3 chip as the new chip doesn't need the two 22 pF caps and crystal, those are chopped off now).

We could only point it down to maybe a faulty TAPLFO chip, a guess of course as I didn't have another one here to test.
So after a while of thumb twiddling (well actually not really, there's always something else cookin' meanwhile...) I got another TAPLFO chip with an order from Smallbear and that really solved it straight away.
So glad it fixed it and I now have a super tweak able hours of fun double trouble tremolo box.
I especially love the Brown face mode and the Treble only trem mode on the Twin Peaks. Very nice and gooey!
And the other side, the Double Flush Tremolo is great for fairly uncolored but warm wobbles.

Relay bypass courtesy of Josh's / 1776 fx excellent finish line, dig those.

BigNoise Amplification

drolo

It looks awesome! I'd be curious to hear it in action with both trems on :)

jimilee

That looks freakin awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

David's trem *is* amazing, but the permanently soldered pcb sandwich always makes me nervous. It's not very serviceable!

Very nice wobbler!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Wobbly awesomeness! Love to hear it.

SlaveUnit

So awesome. I wouldn't have the guts to even attempt that.