News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Home Vinyl Cutters for pedal graphics

Started by chromesphere, June 28, 2018, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

Not much use to Paul probably, and I don't know if it's the same stuff, but I've been ordering vinyl stickers for pedals for years from someone who prints name stickers for bikes: frame-stickers.nl . Works great on especially lighter coloured boxes. It sticks out above the pedal surface of course, but I discovered that the the sticker can be cut exactly along a black outline which solves all visual problems for me. The oldest sticker I've put on a box is now about 6 years old. It's a bit worn down near the foot stomping area but otherwise still ok. And this pedal is heavily gigged by it's owner 4 nights a week mind you.

Quote from: oip on July 01, 2018, 07:55:55 PM
off topic but there's a whole little cottage industry of people doing the same (PCB fab) with eurorack panels

Yeah I realised that the other day as well. Going to be trying that REAL soon :)

Rockhorst

Quote from: BuGG on July 01, 2018, 07:23:05 PM
However.... As far as easy / quick pedal graphics are concerned, so far my favorite method (aside from professional UV printing) is to have "PCB" faceplates fabricated. 
This allows you to align/size the holes with great accuracy.   They pop right on and the other hardware holds them in place.   

Where did you get those made (if you don't mind sharing the secret ;) )? I've tried setting up similar stuff in the Netherlands but the cost was dazzling.

culturejam

Quote from: Rockhorst on July 02, 2018, 12:07:12 AM
Where did you get those made (if you don't mind sharing the secret ;) )? I've tried setting up similar stuff in the Netherlands but the cost was dazzling.

I'm also interested, but more so on the setup side.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects