News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Snack Shack ver2 2011

Started by 401waterman, October 02, 2011, 12:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

401waterman

After a few days of frustration and a ton of help from Jacob-- here are my two snack shacks. One with the BL182L (on the left) and another with a N2222A tranny. They both sound great. The 2222A is more clear and cut than the BL182L--whereas it's smooth, bassy, but more flat in its spectrum.

I look forward to building several of these! Fun project for a first timer!

The components (except a few parts from Radio Shack) came from Small Bear. The cases are awesome same with the customer service there. I will order all my future parts with them. They even took the time to write up a product list on an excel sheet for the LaVache and Snack shack (PM me if you want me to forward it to your email address) of what to order from their product listings.

Thanks again Madbean and Jacob!

Cheers fellas--

illcom

good job,
I agree the 2222 sounds good in the Shack Shack
My choice anyways
-Pat

jkokura

Glad I was able to help, but I wasn't the only one...

Good work, glad they're working. Welcome to the forum.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome! 2 sick meaty fuzz machines!!
I really love the simplicity of this build...the CS One knob fuzz was my first vero build and I still use it to this day.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dwstanford

Great builds.  I love the cs 1 knob fuzz. I have a germanium version on a breadboard right now that sounds wicked.  As far as silicon goes, ive used several different transistors and i liked bc109, 2n2222a and bc182L.  Its hard to say which one i liked the best.  The germanium version i made uses ac125's.  I'd like to do a demo of each version.  Maybe one day.