News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mum's old school Vibrator

Started by cooder, July 03, 2018, 11:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Gotcha. 8)

Yes I had some fun doing the artwork for this.

The 'BigNoise knows what women want' is a P take of a old Miele (yes the white ware company...) add from the 60 or 70ties or so that was as iconic as the "Fender. You wouldn't part with yours either." Only that the white ware companies slogan was "Miele knows what women want". Probably the first feeble or accidental try of "sex sells"... :o

Classic old school Univibe on Harbinger board, with a few extras thrown in:
Foot switchable Vibe to Chorus (labelled 'mild' or 'wild').
Also added a booster based on Bacon Bits schematic onto Chorus channel as I sometimes feel that when switching between Vibe to Chorus the later can do with just a little more kick to just feel right. So with the booster added on Chorus only I set the Vol to be right for Vibe and then adjust that a smidgen more to Chorus setting to give it all the ladies and me want, if you know what I mean...
The boost knob is labelled 'extra mild' on side and is usually set and forget.

Also added the three position cap switch mod (labelled 'voice' on top side of enclosure).
To stay with the theme I labelled the buffer 'soft' and 'hard'. The usual 'Speed' and 'Intensity' labels fitted just fine...

And true bypass relay switching is called 'not tonite'.

I added a light shield after taking the photos however I think it won't make much difference with the LDRs pointing directly at lamp.
Sorry about slightly blurry shots, it was getting late and daylight left me, it was a long day, so maybe not tonite, honey....  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Hoo-boy. Has Mrs Cooder seen this?

I hope your sofa is nice and comfy!

Nice pedal, though :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on July 04, 2018, 12:05:08 AM
Hoo-boy. Has Mrs Cooder seen this?

I hope your sofa is nice and comfy!

Nice pedal, though :)
No worries Alan... we're grown up enough (aka old...) to have a good chuckle about things, me missus is just fine and having had a good laugh about it too...
BigNoise Amplification

drog_trog

jimilee

Very cool concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

verr76

hehe ... gotten ... nice build.
Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

Turnip-Tone

He He :D
Excellent tidy build. Great amusing artwork concept too.
Loving your work :)

Melabondi

I am pretty eager to try this mum's old-school vibrator lol. Looks kind of fun to me. Am I the only one that loves using sex toys? Doesn't really matter if it's during sex or when I'm only by myself but I have this love for playing with them. They just make me feel sexier and bring a wilder side to the sexual intercourse. After using them for about 3 years, plain sex just seems so boring to me at the moment. I usually use vibrators, cuffs, and some dildos. I bought this bondage kit the other day and I am pretty excited to use it with my boyfriend when he comes over lol.

jjjimi84

I love it! I was expecting something with shoulder strap and kick stand.....

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

Nice one, Cooder!

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 26, 2021, 12:55:05 PM
I love it! I was expecting something with shoulder strap and kick stand.....

PFFFfff-ff-ff  hah!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Thewintersoldier

Nice one cooder, I needed a good laugh, it's been. Rough day
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 26, 2021, 04:55:05 PM
Nice one cooder, I needed a good laugh, it's been. Rough day
Can never have too much of a laugh even though this is a bit of a necro thread the pedal was built and still vibrates since 2018.
BigNoise Amplification