News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My build of the VFE Tractor Beam also my first pedal build

Started by cpk313, July 04, 2018, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpk313

Works! Ha, was a little nervous hitting the button the first time. Put more time into it then I care to admit. Only issue I'm having with it is that I can hear a very low level phasing going on when the pedal is on but not playing, perhaps the level is up a little too much.

stringsthings

That looks great!  I like those different color aluminum knobs.  Where did you get them?
All You Need Is Love

diablochris6

Great job! These VFE builds are no joke. I don't know if I would have tackled one as my first pedal.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

Not a chance I'd have tackled this as a first build. Very nice work and a great looking build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cpk313

Quote from: stringsthings on July 04, 2018, 12:02:59 PM
That looks great!  I like those different color aluminum knobs.  Where did you get them?

Thanks! Got them from small bear.

cooder

Awesome and quite a pedal to built at any stage, especially as a first! You must be stoked and addicted now... 8)
Great stuff!
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

And an etched enclosure with multiple colours?  Impressive!  Especially for a first build.

fair.child

Nice and neat! Congrats on the build! Now the next challenge, build the Blueprint tap tempo.

cpk313

Quote from: cooder on July 04, 2018, 03:20:49 PM
Awesome and quite a pedal to built at any stage, especially as a first! You must be stoked and addicted now... 8)
Great stuff!

Yeah I went a little nuts already, I ordered 6 different VFE pedals at once. This one plus a alpha dog, merman, mobius, triplet, and a pale horse. I ordered all the parts for the VFE's too . Plus I have a few Aion pcb's for a Boss DC-2, Klon, Zen Drive, & a King of Tone.

I know the first step is to admit I'm powerless over PCB's.....

cpk313

Quote from: mjg on July 04, 2018, 03:32:43 PM
And an etched enclosure with multiple colours?  Impressive!  Especially for a first build.

Thanks, it seemed like a good solution at the time, I didn't realize how finicky transferring the  toner is, I did it a number of times before I got it somewhat acceptable. The color is alcohol dyes.

cpk313

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! It gives me a new appreciation the work that goes into a pedal.

Turnip-Tone