News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is R1 needed for Aquaboy 2016

Started by skeeter, July 06, 2018, 04:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeter

I built the Aquaboy 2016 and it work well but I had another board so I decided to build the aquapuss , while biasing the pedal it was quiet but I could hear oscillation etc it was very low output though there is no sound in bypass ,eventually I got loud hum coming from the pedal,if I bridge pin 3-4 of the op amp I do get delayed single ,I checked the resistor values and found r1 had no reading so I replaced it still no luck ,can I check the pedal with just the jack that would mean desoldering the 3dpt , i think the pads for the switching may be bad a bridge under the  silk screen I have checked for bridging and the IC readings are good ,dont want to bin it yet.I take it this is buffered bypass.

blearyeyes

If the bypass isn't working then either the switch wiring is wrong or you have a bad switch. It's an external hard wire that bypasses the circuit completely most of the time. Might have a buffer in there though sometimes. wish I could be more help......

skeeter

Thanks for the reply,I tried a new switch and have the same problem, ,I desoldered all the components and reflowed , I think its probably a bad trace, Brian has suggest this to someone in  the past  ,but who does a continuity test on a manufactured board before they start, only on a diy board ,