News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NoNameFlange. Finally!

Started by juansolo, July 07, 2018, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I can't remember how long ago Alan sent us the boards for this... The PCBs has been built for about 6 months (Cleggy on the case for that). Finally I've got around to measuring up a template and squeezing it into a 1590XX.

What can I say, it's a Lovetone and they're very much their own effects :) It's also not finished yet. We've tested the stereo, the loop (reverse delay in the loop is awesome/bonkers), need to test the CV and maybe give it a final bias to make sure it's spot on.

I was more interested in it working properly inside than making it pretty... I'd also re-do the decal if I was doing it again as it's a tad hard to see.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

I've tidied up the decal for it a lot. The new one on a coloured box (Orange would work nice) would look cool as. But, I ain't taking that apart now and drilling another!

cooder

Pretty epic!
And since it doesn't have a name you don't need to see the label too well anyway... ::)
BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

What a monster! Brilliant work - almost tempting me to give that a go ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Invertiguy

Wow, that thing is a beast, and yet the wiring is so clean even with all those jacks!! VERY nicely done.
Doomsday Devices

nzCdog

Hotness!  Most impressive build sir  8)

alanp

By the way, make sure to have a good play with it in self-oscillation mode, that's a lot of fun!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

It does some very odd stuff (Lovetone, to be expected), but the favourite for me has to be the reverse delay in the loop, it's oddness to a new level as every other repeat is backwards... Creates a trippy as hell effect as they sort of fade into each other.

stringsthings

Looks nice.  Is it necessary to use shielded wire for this build?
All You Need Is Love

alanp

When the wires are going right on top of the circuit boards (with all those lovely LFO and clock signals), yeah, it's a good idea. You'll notice that John didn't bother shielding the wires going around the edges.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Yep, what he said. That's the loop wiring so signal back and forward right over the top of the board. The chances of clock noise is very high there, so we didn't take any chances. The in and outs are routed well away from the boards so we didn't bother there.

stringsthings

Quote from: juansolo on July 08, 2018, 04:57:01 AM
Yep, what he said. That's the loop wiring so signal back and forward right over the top of the board. The chances of clock noise is very high there, so we didn't take any chances. The in and outs are routed well away from the boards so we didn't bother there.

Makes perfect sense.  That's an excellent job with the shielded wire.  I tend to avoid it unless really needed.
For me, it's a PITA. 
All You Need Is Love

juansolo

Same.

The original pedal shields the line in, but in Alan's layout and how it's gone in this box, none of it is anywhere near the clock, so we didn't bother. I suspect in the original pedal it was however if it was necessary.

LaceSensor

Lovely

You got the colour really a nice match to the real one, too.