Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NoNameFlange. Finally!

Started by juansolo, July 07, 2018, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMowdes2

DeadEndFX

gordo

I've got the single sided, Keefe etched, version that I really need to man-up and finish.  I've become very spoiled/lazy with board mounted pots and switches and this has neither....
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

PMowdes2

I just placed an order for these, gonna be a long wait for them to be fab'd

DeadEndFX

midwayfair

Quote from: juansolo on July 07, 2018, 06:11:08 AM
I was more interested in it working properly inside than making it pretty...

A true AlanP project, then.

I keed, I keed.

selfdestroyer

Came out great John.. but, it reminds me I have one populated that needs boxing.. ugh..

I need to get off my ass and start building again. lol

Cody

diablochris6

Looks great. I really enjoy mine but never got around to decorating or labelling the enclosure so I don't always remember what all the knobs do!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

juansolo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 09, 2018, 09:06:29 AM
Came out great John.. but, it reminds me I have one populated that needs boxing.. ugh..

I need to get off my ass and start building again. lol

Cody

These last few builds have been in the works for months, if not years! It's not good...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

Quote from: PMowdes2 on July 09, 2018, 07:42:33 AM

Pretty mental looking board. Kudos.

danielzink

Govmnt_Lacky

Hey John.

Epic build but I must ask... How is the Time Out jack working out for you? Every build that I have done demanded that the Sleeve of the Time Out jack had to be connected to the ground bar on the other jacks. If I just wired it like the schematic (and like you have it in your pic), I would always get a horrible oscillation from the Time Out. Of course, this was only in stereo mode as the Space Out/Mono jack combines the two effects.

Have you seen this with your build as well?

juansolo

The switched sleeve is connected to the common ground when it's not got a plug in there. When there is, it has it's own ground, the yellow wire on mine (I think using the transformer for isolation, guessing though, I'd have to look at the schematic). But if you read the manual to the original FWNN, there can be all sorts of problems with the general oddness of the whole thing with different setups. All I can say is that with what we tried it with, an MJW (Marshall 18W-a-like) and a Ampeg (Fender brownface deluxe I think...?) it was ok and behaved how we thought it should.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: juansolo on July 11, 2018, 01:37:23 AM
The switched sleeve is connected to the common ground when it's not got a plug in there. When there is, it has it's own ground, the yellow wire on mine (I think using the transformer for isolation, guessing though, I'd have to look at the schematic). But if you read the manual to the original FWNN, there can be all sorts of problems with the general oddness of the whole thing with different setups. All I can say is that with what we tried it with, an MJW (Marshall 18W-a-like) and a Ampeg (Fender brownface deluxe I think...?) it was ok and behaved how we thought it should.

I just remember building mine and using them in stereo to 2 different amps and I would only get squeel out of the Time Out jack. I tried everything I could think of (swap amps, different instruments, different outlets for each amp, power conditioners, etc.) and with every build I would get the squeel from Time Out. Only thing that would get rid of it was to ground the Time Out jack Sleeve (along with it's respective wire.

Betty Wont

Quote from: PMowdes2 on July 09, 2018, 07:42:33 AM

Nice!! I'm in!

juansolo

Wasn't happy with the decal so stripped it and re-decaled it. That wasn't fun, but much happier with it now.

stringsthings

Quote from: juansolo on July 22, 2018, 07:03:47 AM
Wasn't happy with the decal so stripped it and re-decaled it. That wasn't fun, but much happier with it now.

That looks real nice!

Those "?"s remind me of the riddler.
All You Need Is Love