News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One Slower Speed Mod?

Started by thrillhouse, July 07, 2018, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillhouse

Hey there everyone, had a quick question about the LFO speed on the harbinger. I've seen people asking how to increase the top speed of the LFO but are there any mods that can be done to get a slower bottom speed? After finally getting my previous lamp kinks out, I've been tweaking the gain and offsets for the lamp but it still feels like the lowest speed setting is just moving a little too fast. I know that there are limits to how slow or fast an oscillator circuit can push before it stalls out but theoretically could something like slightly increasing the cap values of C23-25 help give the LFO a slower base speed? I'm still at the very beginning of my learning with a lot of this stuff so any edumacation you guys can throw my way would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

blearyeyes

That NP cap value is the ticket. I think you would raise the non-polarized capacitor value to get slower charge/discharge times to lower the rate. Don't know exactly but I would just socket it and try.

jozabroz2000

thanks
I did it. The problem is solved with another stock of LT1054.
But, now :) I have problem with rate led. There is no v on collector of Q15. I have 15v on emitter and 14 on base. when I touch base with screwdriver led light on but not pulsating (strange).
thanks again

jozabroz2000

sorry my reply is posted in this post by mistake.
Just ignore it!!!