News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

True Bypass Soft Switching

Started by drog_trog, July 16, 2018, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drog_trog

Ive always done my pedals using the regular 3pdt stomps but I would like to go into doing true bypass with the softer stomp. After looking around it seems like their are 2 routes to go down, micro-controller or relay. I dont really want it adding a lot of cost a build, anyone found the cheapest way of doing it?

etherian

I've been using either 1776 Effects relay bypass or TH Customs bypass... I like both and have had no issues with either one of them. Don't pay up for a premium NO momentary switch, they are such a simple design, the inexpensive ones are just as good IMO. So, I'm paying somewhere around $11-12 per bypass versus $6 for an Alpha 3pdt. No click on activation, and a lot longer lifespan = worth it to me. The click on activation with a 3pdt provides positive feedback that a lot people like, so you have to weigh that too. 

From experience: definitely rock it before you box it...cuz they add another element to debugging when you're first firing things up

sjaustin

There's also the super fancy 3PDT that Lawrence is selling at Love My Switches. I haven't tried it, but it is supposedly quiet and rated for lots and lots of impressions. There probably isn't a way to do this that doesn't add $10-15 to your cost.