News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Superjudge + (Superjudge, buffer, boost)

Started by Willybomb, July 17, 2018, 06:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's Superjudge +.

It features an LPB1 on a tayda pcb, running into a klon buffer, into JuanSolo's great little circuit. I've always found the Superjudge to really shine with a buffer in front, and it takes a boost really well too, so I decided to put all that in one box.

Even running the boost flat out, it never gets over the top and is still really useable. Not massive amounts of metal distortion usable - but just a great rock drive. If you haven't tried one, you really should.

This build fought me the whole way, or rather, I did a lot of stupid things in putting it together, like jacks at the wrong end, pots not in enough from the walls meaning I had to rip off the dust covers, and just a general tight fit. Then I dropped a 3pdt onto it, denting the face clearcoat... anyway,  it came together in the end.

jimilee

That turned out really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

We should probably re-visit the Superjudge at some point as it's quite picky when it comes to amps and we haven't touched it in ages. Doing a buffered version is not a bad idea at all, it works well on a CSOD, so would probably contain its issues a little. It's certainly a thought.

Always nice to see the judge get some love.   8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

rockola

mjg

That looks great - you'd never know about the jacks drilled at the wrong end, so nice recovery.

cooder

Nice job there and indeed which holes were you talking about, there' gone... nice save!
Thumbs up says Dredd!
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

Thanks guys.

QuoteWe should probably re-visit the Superjudge at some point as it's quite picky when it comes to amps and we haven't touched it in ages. Doing a buffered version is not a bad idea at all, it works well on a CSOD, so would probably contain its issues a little. It's certainly a thought.

I hope you do.  It's such a great little circuit.  Can I suggest adding a buffer and another (switchable?) gain stage? And that you call it "Judge Willy", or failing that, "Ultrajudge"?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

JackSkellington

«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

juansolo

Quote from: Willybomb on July 20, 2018, 04:42:52 AM
Thanks guys.

QuoteWe should probably re-visit the Superjudge at some point as it's quite picky when it comes to amps and we haven't touched it in ages. Doing a buffered version is not a bad idea at all, it works well on a CSOD, so would probably contain its issues a little. It's certainly a thought.

I hope you do.  It's such a great little circuit.  Can I suggest adding a buffer and another (switchable?) gain stage? And that you call it "Judge Willy", or failing that, "Ultrajudge"?

We'll have an experiment and see what we like. There are a few ways we could go with it...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk