News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How do I combine these circuits?

Started by boom_diggity, July 18, 2018, 06:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boom_diggity

So I've never wired a pedal before, I'm trying to make this killswitch/mute but I don't know exactly how to combine the two. I'm using the two schematics attached. I feel like it should be easy, but I don't want to screw it up.

jimilee

Why are you trying to combine the two, it appears they do the same thing? What is the end result you're looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

boom_diggity

I'm trying to get one to be a click once and it mutes it, click again it unmutes. The other should be just when the button is pressed, like an onboard killswitch but as a footswitch instead. I know I need to get two different switches, but how to I put them in one circuit? Thanks!

HamSandwich

Use the bottom circuit as the base.

From the top circuit, you'll need that blue wire and the switch. Tack the blue wire onto the tip of the input just from the bottom circuit and wire it to the momentary switch. The black wire on the momentary switch can go to any ground point then, whether it be one of the sleeves of the in/out jacks, or the bottom right lug of the mute switch.

boom_diggity

jimilee

Quote from: boom_diggity on July 18, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
I'm trying to get one to be a click once and it mutes it, click again it unmutes. The other should be just when the button is pressed, like an onboard killswitch but as a footswitch instead. I know I need to get two different switches, but how to I put them in one circuit? Thanks!
Gotcha. I see you got your answer too. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

boom_diggity

Last question, how would I add an LED indicator to each? One for the momentary, one for the latching.

HamSandwich

Without getting to wild, you'd need a DPDT switch for each switch (the bottom circuit already has one). On the unused portion of the switch, you'd wire the LED.

9V (battery or adapter) > resistor (2k2 to 47k, whatever gets you the brightness you want (higher values for ultra brights)) > anode of LED. Cathode of LED to the outside lug of the unused potion of the switch, ground to the middle.

Depending on if you want the LED to light up when you are silenced or not silenced, you'd need to wire the cathode of the LED to either outside lug.

boom_diggity