News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler - "Acid Sloth"

Started by trailer, July 19, 2018, 10:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Finally finished a run of MBP fuzz circuits for a few friends to pick from. This is the fist of the bunch. It is the Mudbunny with a set of "All-American" transistors from Small Bear. We tried a set of the "Dutch" trannies but they sounded no where close to as good as the "All-Americans".

Not sure if anyone saw or remembers seeing the Brutalist Jr. I posted a little while ago, but it had similar artwork. My friend basically begged my girlfriend to do another animal with the same theme. I think it came out better than the one she did for me!

This thing is the best sounding fuzz I have built and I'm a little sad to let it go.

jimilee

Bwahahaha, that's funny. Nice job, looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

great stuff all around, love the graphics.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

cooder

Very cool, and the artwork is off the scale!
BigNoise Amplification

Betty Wont

Ok, so i was on acid yesterday and hung out with a sloth for hours in our local arboretum. Is this a Baader-Meinhof situation?

studiodunn

Animals and acid for the win.....Love the art !

Bret608

Great build! Looks like your all-American set has at least one 2n404 in there. Those will kill the Dutch treat ones every time. I believe those are 2n281, and I actually have a few at home. They just have a bit softer sound, so while you could get away with using them in maybe one position, I don't think you could base an entire fuzz around them. For example, I tested one out for Q2 in a MkII Tonebender and it was quite good since that circuit is so over-the-top anyway. I have to imagine in a Fuzz Face they would almost just turn it into an overdrive though. The point being, wise choice on our your part!

EBK

I showed the pic of this pedal to a bandmate of mine last night as an example of the cool stuff other people are doing with pedal graphics.  That is some awesome art.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

trailer

Quote from: Bret608 on July 20, 2018, 05:50:36 AM
Great build! Looks like your all-American set has at least one 2n404 in there. Those will kill the Dutch treat ones every time. I believe those are 2n281, and I actually have a few at home. They just have a bit softer sound, so while you could get away with using them in maybe one position, I don't think you could base an entire fuzz around them. For example, I tested one out for Q2 in a MkII Tonebender and it was quite good since that circuit is so over-the-top anyway. I have to imagine in a Fuzz Face they would almost just turn it into an overdrive though. The point being, wise choice on our your part!

Had I not had the All-Americans the Dutch's would have been fine. The main difference we noticed is how well single notes cut through with the All-Americans where as the Dutch's were a little muddy. My friend is a much, much better player than I am and as soon as he started playing the All-Americans I got bummed out cuz I knew he was taking those, haha.

trailer

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm surprised this many folks are into this graphic. I will make sure to tell my special lady friend how impressed everyone is!

cpk313

oip

oh man those handpainted graphics are just awesome, what a great pedal

trailer

Quote from: oip on July 29, 2018, 11:39:23 PM
oh man those handpainted graphics are just awesome, what a great pedal

I am lucky to be around a bunch of very gifted artists. My buddy painted up a Brutalist Jr. enclosure a few months ago and I finally boxed it. I couldn't be happier with both of these recent finishes. Oh, and they sound great! I guess that's pretty important, amirite?

EBK

Can I just mail you a pedal, pay for return shipping plus a bit extra, and just say, "surprise me"?  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

oip

aha that one is amazing too.  i wish i had hand painting skills!