News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

People who have built or have a Tractor Beam question

Started by cpk313, July 23, 2018, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpk313

With the pedal engaged but I am not playing anything I can hear a very low level phasing. Anyone else experiencing that ?

madbean

That's pretty typical of a lot of analog phasers, I've found. As long as you don't have excessive noise being amplified through the effect I would just accept that as normal.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

zgrav

The pedal will phase when engaged, so your ambient noises in your signal chain will be phased and you will it.  I don't think the tractor beam itself adds much to the background noise.  I probably hear more noise in my Mobius Strip and Blueprint pedals than I do in the Tractor Beam.

cpk313

Thanks All, it is indeed very low level, I am glad it is correct for this pedal, gives me a little confidence boost as I am getting parts for a Matchless 2 Channel. And I appreciate a forum where people help/respond even to someone who is new doesn't post a lot. I'm amazed/confused/irritated when I post a question on a forum (that is not easily googled/searched for) and it gets a number of views but no one has any input  ??? Oh well, thanks again, I think I am going to make either the triplet of alpha dog next.

zgrav

I haven't made the Triplet (yet), but I really like the Alpha Dog because it has a lot of tweaks to the sound.  Whichever one you build, let folks know how it comes out for you!