News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aaaand the fugliest pedal of the universe awards goes to....

Started by cooder, July 27, 2018, 12:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

.... my 'rock it before I box it tester pedal holder thingy device contraption'.

I had a contraption of sorts before but I wanted to do a 10 minute improvement on it  :o so I whacked a few pieces of acrylic together, footswitch even with LED for actual stompbox feel, old input output jack and all the ingredients of a pedal.
Made some pcb holders that slot into the top to temporarily hold the "DUT" (device under test... ::)) and let it rip.

It is quite handy and the quickly interchangable pcb holders with different spacings to hold pots make it easy to test and rock a night shift worth of boards.
Having the footswitch is great as it allows to compare to bypass signal, LED gives me indication to remind me to plug in power... (ask me how many times I thought it's not working only to notice later that I didn't plug in 9V...).
Power input connection etc are made with the alligator clips, quick to set up.

I might add some hot rod flame graphics at some later stage... ;D
BigNoise Amplification

somnif

Ok, the pot mount PCB holder.... thingies are awesome.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Daaaammnnn mines just a 1590A failed project enclosure with power, jacks and the necessary wired alligator clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on July 27, 2018, 07:07:52 AM
Daaaammnnn mines just a 1590A failed project enclosure with power, jacks and the necessary wired alligator clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I'm sure it does the job as well. Mine will be uglier though...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stringsthings

as long as it does what you want/need it to do.

That's one specific aspect of DIY that I like.  Making your own custom tools.
All You Need Is Love