News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dandy Horse

Started by Bio77, July 27, 2018, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Quote from: somnif on August 20, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Also I had never realized the Echo Flanger, PolyChorus, and PolyFlange were the ~same circuit in different boxes. Would've made finding decent quality youtube demos a lot easier!  :-[

I think the difference is the stereo output on the PolyChorus, this circuit is not stereo but I liked the PolyChorus design best (wanted the Nirvana vibe). 

This was a fun build for sure, the calibration is a bit tricky but a good learning experience.

Scruffie

Quote from: Bio77 on August 21, 2018, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: somnif on August 20, 2018, 02:21:27 PM
Also I had never realized the Echo Flanger, PolyChorus, and PolyFlange were the ~same circuit in different boxes. Would've made finding decent quality youtube demos a lot easier!  :-[

I think the difference is the stereo output on the PolyChorus, this circuit is not stereo but I liked the PolyChorus design best (wanted the Nirvana vibe). 

This was a fun build for sure, the calibration is a bit tricky but a good learning experience.
Only the reissue PolyChorus has the 'stereo' (inverted) output and it's a complete redesign of the original circuit, vintage PolyChorus just had the dry out as the others did, which if you wanted you'd just need to run an 8k2 resistor and 4u7 cap in series from pin 1 of IC1 to a mono jack.
Works at Lectric-FX

Bio77

Only the reissue PolyChorus has the 'stereo' (inverted) output and it's a complete redesign of the original circuit, vintage PolyChorus just had the dry out as the others did, which if you wanted you'd just need to run an 8k2 resistor and 4u7 cap in series from pin 1 of IC1 to a mono jack.
[/quote]

Cool, even better.  Should have stayed quiet and acted like I knew what I was doing  :D

Also, if anyone would like a copy of the waterslide graphic, I'd be happy to send it.  I spent way more time than I'd like to admit making it. 

Thanks for all kind words.