News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Never-ending Flats Fiasco

Started by madbean, July 09, 2018, 08:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

After a couple months of smooth sailing using the new Flats system to ship international orders there seems to be a major snag. Over the last week or so I've been getting packages returned as undeliverable. It seems that the sorting facility that is relabeling the shipping information before sending packages out of the States is not copying the full address. I've had several come back with no street name or number on them. I have no idea why they are doing this or how they could not have noticed the problem. But it most definitely is a problem and a rather expensive one for me to have to re-ship items.

Anyway, over the last several days I have been editing send-to addresses to as few lines as possible to see if that gets them through. If that doesn't work, we may have to go back to regular 1st Class shipping on everything (no problems there because it doesn't require re-labeling). That would suck since it costs twice as much, but would be better than having to deal with this situation.

In any case, if you have been waiting more than 2-3 weeks on a package and are not seeing updates through USPS.com then you might be the unlucky winner in this lottery. Feel free to email me if you have concerns. I will re-send the package (at no charge obviously) if there is no delivery after 30 days from shipment.

nzCdog

Wow what a huge pain in the butt!  :(

Sorry to hear about this Brian, definitely sounds like their bad.  Perhaps, as a gesture of goodwill and customer service, they could reimburse you for the costs you have incurred from their mistake? :(

Willybomb

I ordered a Mimik a while ago and tracking said that it sat in Sydney for a month or so before finally getting forwarded to me. Not sure if this is a USPS or Aus Post issue though...

aion

I haven't experienced this with ShipStation. You're using Endicia, right?

My only issue so far is that the tracking info often doesn't update back to USPS once it leaves the country. The relay company's website (goglobalpost.com) always has the most up-to-date tracking, but it stops updating on USPS after a certain point and appears to be stuck. Doesn't affect shipping time though.

madbean

Quote from: aion on July 28, 2018, 04:21:19 AM
I haven't experienced this with ShipStation. You're using Endicia, right?

My only issue so far is that the tracking info often doesn't update back to USPS once it leaves the country. The relay company's website (goglobalpost.com) always has the most up-to-date tracking, but it stops updating on USPS after a certain point and appears to be stuck. Doesn't affect shipping time though.

Yes, but it might be going to the same processing center. It's in Chicago, I think. So far they've screwed up about a dozen packages and it's not only cost me quite a bit of coin, but also made customers wait a lot longer due to re-shipments.

aion

Yeah, Chicago. I was just wondering if it could be an issue on the software side of things rather than the relay service since I hadn't had this happen before.