News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by madbean, August 02, 2018, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianq41369

I had a natural 74' without a clearcoat & a bigsby, had a p90 in neck & humbucker in bridge, I kick myself in the ass every time I think of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on August 02, 2018, 07:05:48 PM
That's a beauty. I'm jealous, I've never been able to play an SG, the necks are too skinny and always have tuning issues. I play like I'm hanging on for dear life so the poor guitar doesn't stand a chance.
I have a faded SG, the neck feels rather chunky. Somewhere between a les Paul and a '63 Strat neck. It's way different feeling than my teles. I wonder if the necks are more tapered on the P90 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Keep me in mind if you flip it :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

The 50's style necks are the chunky ones and the 60's style is referred to as "slim taper" which are the skinny ones. Gibson went with the 50's style on most standard models thru most of the 2000's.

My main one is a 2005 SG Standard with 50s style neck. It's chunky and it's great. SG's just have something about them that I can't find in any other guitar.

I've never had any tuning issues with mine. Any tuning instability on a Gibson is usually not so much the neck than it is the nut. It's those slanted nut slots when they get stuff in'em... Gotta keep those dirty nuts lubed!