News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zpsdx v2

Started by ggarms, August 05, 2018, 07:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey Guys,

Been a bit since my last post.... but reaching out for some assistance. I've had the zpsdx 2 board in my drawer for a while, and recently made myself order the needed pots. After building up, all voltages on all IC's are ok except on the pt's. I am getting 5v at the out of the regulator, however at c58 I am not reading 5v, usually only half a volt.  I've checked all the components on that trace and can't find anything obvious, and gone over the entire board a few times to check for cold joints, orientation etc. my issue appears to be  in this general area, but I am stuck. for testing, I have s1 and 2 jumpered. Any thoughts? (edit: picture to come, I have to scale down the photo quality)

madbean

Little confused...there is no C58 on the ZPDX2. Not the production one. Is your board black or green?

ggarms

I have the black pcb. As a side note (and I have never had this issue before with MB boards) I noticed when soldering this up I continuously had issues with the solder fizzing and popping, no matter what the temperature setting. I've used the same kester on different boards with no issues; I just couldnt get the stuff to tack right! Maybe because it was sitting for a long time?? I dont know.....

ggarms

And on this side, I am aware there's some components missing. I took this when troubleshooting caps (:

madbean

Where is the C58 on your pic you uploaded?

ggarms

Right below IC2 to the right of the regulator

ggarms

On the solder side photo it was taken when I had removed a few caps for troubleshooting. the Top side photo has it installed.

ggarms

I think I ordered mine with the first run. Is there anything pcb/fix wise I should be looking for or is this more likely something like a short/bad joint somewhere? My voltages are on the money everywhere else except where I mentioned (pt 5v section)

ggarms

Any ideas from anyone? This ones got me!

jimilee

There are only 2 fixes on the proto and neither of them have to do with that cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

There is either a short to ground, or a missing trace between the regulator and c58. The path goes through c58 and pin 1 of the pt2399 above it. You should have voltages on c44 and c48, they're all connected. Checking for continuity would be the easiest way to test, for me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.