News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD *sigh* so this happened

Started by jimilee, August 24, 2018, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So, my wife says, that's pretty you should buy it. I need a new guitar like I need a new front door. As a matter of fact, I could use a new front door more. Anyway, it was a SDOTD for 299 poplar body. Color is called Turquoise Mist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Nice. I've got a Korina-caster with hummy bridge :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Frag Magnet

Beautiful guitar!

*This is not helping me resist the urge to buy the single coil ASAT that keeps going up for SDotD...
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on August 24, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
So, my wife says, that's pretty you should buy it.
Common' you just made that up... or you were dreaming...
BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

Really dig that color. Nice.

Plus, how can you argue with $299?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

Nice! I think you should buy her a new oscilloscope to show your appreciation.  Or maybe a dual-bevel sliding miter saw.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Adam_DIY

Awesome your wife sounds like mine always good to have an understanding Mrs who likes to look at guitars. 

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

gordo

That's a beaut!  Those are words that wouldn't even enter my wife's brain, let alone leave her mouth.

Gotta admit though, for 299....  just saying, that's a steal.  I really like that the neck bucker is moved back towards the bridge by what appears to be about 3/4 of an inch or so.  I'd have to think it takes a bit of woof off the neck.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on August 25, 2018, 05:49:33 AM
That's a beaut!  Those are words that wouldn't even enter my wife's brain, let alone leave her mouth.

Gotta admit though, for 299....  just saying, that's a steal.  I really like that the neck bucker is moved back towards the bridge by what appears to be about 3/4 of an inch or so.  I'd have to think it takes a bit of woof off the neck.
It still has some woof on the neck, the tone knob responds nicely. I haven't had a chance to really crank it up yet, but I finished a kraken build right when it came, so I tested it out with that. Very responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.