Main Menu

Shop Tour...part1 !

Started by madbean, August 08, 2018, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

EBK

I haven't made it very far into the vid yet.  That resonator caught my eye, and I stopped listening, so I will have to try again later once my shiny object syndrome subsides.  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

culturejam

I have toured the Madbean Shop in person. I demand a t-shirt that indicates such.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on August 08, 2018, 05:52:18 PM
I have toured the Madbean Shop in person. I demand a t-shirt that indicates such.  ;D

Now available.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

Interesting... and are those the new invisible cables on the pedalboard? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

As said really cool to see the Bean cave, now watched it all the way through, very organized there. It will be very interesting the see the 5 times bigger room converted then in the coming months. That should really be a good place to spread out then, I bet you're looking forward to that!
I'm interested if you have any 'blindingly simple obvious nice little trade secrets' or funky tools that come in handy in your work flow when you put pedals or stuff together. Something that you find indispensable everyday use we might not have thought of.
For me what comes to mind is my great pair of quality tweezers which I use all the time to poke stuff around and gets things into place. And a big blob of blue tack that always comes in handy to hold parts and wires in place as a third and forth hand. So stupidly simple and makes live so much easier...
Maybe you could do a walk through of your typical workflow of building a pedal? Cheers

BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

great video with lots of interesting and/or fun facts.

keep up the good work and have fun with your new room!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

trailer

I am incredibly jealous of your space. I wish I had at least a room to lock myself in to work on anything. Instead, I work on the dining room table (we never eat on it unless its a special occasion) right next to the door to our screened porch, which is always opening and closing. Did I mention the cat box three feet away in the bottom of our chimney? Oh yeah, we don't have central air in our apartment and its August in Atlanta. The closest window unit is twenty or so feet away. I usually work with sweat running down my back. Does it sound like I'm complaining? I promise I actually enjoy it.

In my head I think my girlfriend believes if I work over there long enough I'll get over this hobby. In actuality, I think if I keep building in the corner, with obnoxious music/noise either coming out of my Bluetooth speaker or amp all the time then she will get tired of it and we move into our own house. I guess you could say I'm playing the long game here.

Bean, I'm sure some folks are thinking it. The day you have a clearing house sale to get rid of some of the stored stuff is going to be great!

Yahoo67

After seeing this vid i will NEVER bitch about my backlog ever again xD... i would hide those bins under a rock in a ditch under a bridge and never think about them ever again !

drog_trog

When Tayda cant get their ass in gear and keep their 9mm pots stocked up Brian could just desolder a load and sell them back to em!

sarde

This was a cool video! I would love another video to show some more of your DIY pedals/pedalboards and some building tips. Any chance of you showing us more about your planned soft-touch looper? Thanks.
Check out some of my projects over at https://pendragonguitarworks.wordpress.com/

gordo

Your shop looked pretty much like I expected.  Purple walls is a very nice touch.  A bit smaller than I expected and unless you did a massive cleanup it was much more organized than it should be.  My space got gutted due to us trying to sell the house but it still looks like someone broke in and ransacked the place at any given moment.  Luckily it's in the basement.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

czapa tranzystor 2

Temple.Many projects it went into the world.It is a pity that international shipping
it is 10 dollars.
Health Mr.Madbean