News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Beginning My First Madbean Builds!

Started by HamSandwich, August 08, 2018, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSandwich

Hard to believe I signed up for this forum in 2015 and never bought a PCB from the shop. I got an Aquaboy PCB second hand to build back in 2015, but nothing from Madbean himself. Ordered a Harbinger One and a 4:1 Compressor on Monday and they were in my mailbox today, Wednesday. That is totally absurd. Fastest shipping? And best yet, they were in THE SAME SANDWICH BAGS I use for my sandwiches.

I've never played a compressor, but this one seemed like a good jack of all trades comp to try out. I have a shin-ei univibe somewhere in storage, but it's huge, is a pain, and I don't really want it sitting around, so I wanted to build the Harbinger as well. Going to do an 18V adapter on the Harbinger with the smaller bulb from SB. Unsure how I'm going to light shield yet.

Will update the thread as I go along! I'm very excited. I'm thinking of finishing the pedals in "Book of the New Sun" theme.

Thanks Brian!

jimilee

Brian is a regular guy just like us. Super nice dude, and very friendly. He lives in TN, so you must be close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

HamSandwich

Quote from: jimilee on August 09, 2018, 03:49:52 AM
Brian is a regular guy just like us. Super nice dude, and very friendly. He lives in TN, so you must be close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Los Angeles! Not too close. USPS must have been on their A game as well

HamSandwich

Finally finished. Love em. Both fired up fine and work great. Setting up the vibe was fun. I learned quite a bit on the artwork front - quite a few mistakes, but not enough to want to redo them.

madbean

These look great. I really like those green knobbies!

matmosphere

Very cool stuff! I love the artwork on the first one.

ahiddentableau

I think you did a fine job on the enclosures.  I like the pictures.  What is that on the first pedal anyway?

HamSandwich

Thanks guys! They are both art depicting scenes from the Book of the New Sun books. I did a powerboost from Aion with the same design. (None of these are my photos, they were from google searches of the books.)