News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Molecular Disruptive Device for my mixing desk :-)

Started by Marshall Arts, August 10, 2018, 03:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Most likely not the most beautiful build I did ;-). I won this PCB somewhere and build it (it's a very early version of the PCB, drolo told me). I ran into some issues with hiss in front of my amp, but was too lazy to fix them (drolo was great in supporting me, but most likely, I just got a bad FV-1). However, it sounds great in the fx loop of my mixing desk, which does not have onboard effects. So, rather than dumping it, I removed everything I did not need (stomps, external pedal jacks, dry/wet potentiometer) and just use it for that.

...before I removed stuff:

...and after that:

gordo

Well played.  I wonder, being a digital effect is there variance from chip to chip?  I mean in the audible range at least?  The FV is a tad noisy anyway but I haven't noticed variance in builds compared to...say...the PT chip and I think that like the PT you need to apply a bit of filtering?

Hadn't really thought of it but I do have to chase the footswitch on quiet bits with high gain and extreme pedal settings.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Nice build.  Looks like a useful tool for the mixing desk.

Do you (or does anybody else really) have the build docs for this board?  I have one kicking around here, but I have zero info for it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Marshall Arts

Quote from: pickdropper on August 12, 2018, 03:32:15 PM
Nice build.  Looks like a useful tool for the mixing desk.

Do you (or does anybody else really) have the build docs for this board?  I have one kicking around here, but I have zero info for it.

I do. I will send you a PM.

madbean

Very cool! But, change that "a" to an "r" in overload.

Marshall Arts

Cool. Will do that. Nothing really to ruin on the outer appearance.
Quote from: madbean on August 14, 2018, 03:57:20 AM
Very cool! But, change that "a" to an "r" in overload.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Marshall Arts

madbean

Govmnt_Lacky

How does it sound on the "Elvis" setting (Preset 8)  :P

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 14, 2018, 09:38:57 AM
How does it sound on the "Elvis" setting (Preset 8)  [emoji14]
I am glad you asked :-)

It's an early reflection short reverb which makes you sing be-babeluba all night.