News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Release Day! Free Donuts!

Started by madbean, August 10, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

It's the biggest mbp release in months...starting now!

mbp UberTuber, VFE Distortion3, Standout, Pinball and Dragon. More Wigl and Current Lover. 3PDT bypass boards are now sold as singles and are only $1 per board!

Best for last - all orders starting today will receive a free Donut with every order (limit one donut per customer). No, this is not a joke. You will get a "Donut". It's cherry filled and calorie dense. While supplies last.

Now for the one bit of bad news - I had expected to offer up about 20 or so UberTubers with a 6111 tube. I only got them in yesterday and the first one I tested was bad. Right now, I just don't have time to deal with trying to figure out testing all the tubes I got, so it's a no go. Maybe next week I can figure it out and offer the tube for sale...but it's too much of a risk to offer them now.

madbean

Also, there will be a demo of the UberTuber on Monday. Right now I need a break - two twelve hour days in row is enough for me now :)

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

And the donut looks pretty sick.  Time to get my Ace Freley on.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

zgrav

fun stuff!  went ahead and ordered the tuber project along with a VFE board along with a Harbinger One board.

Ralfg

Ordered my UberTuber! What's you tube testing process?
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

EBK

Had to get in on this UberTuber plus Donut action!  Order placed, even though it will take me 2+ years to build them.   ::)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mattc

Missed out on the donut :(, but still ordered several PCBs.  :D

emakris

Hi,

I was wondering which 6111 tube supplier(s) you had the best luck with on the tubes. I know duds happen, so not trying to single out the one that had the bad one.

Thanks
Ernie
https://www.geargasstore.com

madbean

Quote from: emakris on August 12, 2018, 12:57:09 PM
Hi,

I was wondering which 6111 tube supplier(s) you had the best luck with on the tubes. I know duds happen, so not trying to single out the one that had the bad one.

Thanks
Ernie
https://www.geargasstore.com

I had a lot of luck with eBay actually. I bought a smattering of sub-mini back in 2011 and so far every single one has worked. I'm quite sure the smallbear one will be reliable. I won't be able to check on the new supply I bought until this weekend, though.

Also, I missed the Monday deadline for the UberTuber demo. I've actually been working through a lot of orders (a good problem to have). But, I plan on getting it together tomorrow. It will be out by Friday at the latest, I think.

EBK

Quote from: madbean on August 15, 2018, 01:37:33 PM
I've actually been working through a lot of orders (a good problem to have).
If you want more of that problem, keep offering surprises like the free donut board.   ;D  (I just hope I got my order in on time to get one of those....)
My boards arrived today!  Thanks, Brian!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Quote from: EBK on August 15, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
If you want more of that problem, keep offering surprises like the free donut board.

The plan is to offer a free (small) PCB with every release batch for the rest of the year. I've got a few planned out and I'm pretty sure I know what the next one will be.

Some of the ones I'm thinking about are an all-in-one buffered bypass, a JFET tester, a germanium transistor tester and a panel of 9mm boards for when you need to wire those little pots.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on August 16, 2018, 02:17:13 AM
Quote from: EBK on August 15, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
If you want more of that problem, keep offering surprises like the free donut board.

The plan is to offer a free (small) PCB with every release batch for the rest of the year. I've got a few planned out and I'm pretty sure I know what the next one will be.

Some of the ones I'm thinking about are an all-in-one buffered bypass, a JFET tester, a germanium transistor tester and a panel of 9mm boards for when you need to wire those little pots.

Can the next one have sprinkles?  Is that a solder mask option yet?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

Quote from: pickdropper on August 16, 2018, 04:45:33 AM
You didn't see the sprinkles on this one?

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the next unusual board shape.  ;)

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on August 16, 2018, 06:22:53 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on August 16, 2018, 04:45:33 AM
You didn't see the sprinkles on this one?

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the next unusual board shape.  ;)

Series of boards shaped like each state. 50 in all