News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush Depth

Started by DLW, August 20, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

I recently etched and assembled a Double Flush. Everything seems to be functioning properly with one notable exception... The 'Depth" pot is very weak. There is an audible tremolo effect only at max CW of the Depth pot. I've tried several vactrol combinations and ~10 different pots ranging from B10k to B1M. None of these changes affected (for better or worse) the tremolo effect.

Another strange thing is the board mounted rate LED intensity is inversely proportional to the vactrol LED, meaning when I crank the Depth knob, the rate LED dims and the vactrol LED gets slightly brighter. This doesn't bother me at all. I'm just wondering if this is a symptom related to the above problem.

Has anybody experienced anything like this? Are there particular components that I could replace to boost the Depth control?

Thanks!
Darin

stringsthings

Hey Darin,

Can you post voltages on the IC pins?  That will help in the trouble-shooting.

strings
All You Need Is Love

DLW

Thanks for the reply, Strings. I was fumbling around (pots kept falling out) trying to measure the IC voltages and noticed that the LM351 was backwards. I swapped it around, and everything works flawlessly now :)