News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bandwrecker mod

Started by gül, August 12, 2018, 08:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gül

I built the Bandwrecker, it's bonkers and I love it! I would ideally like to somehow have the opto lfo section foot switchable so that in one position it functions as intended with the opto controlling the lfo via the rate pot, and have the other position on the switch go to an ldr that is visible through the top of the pedal... So that it can be controlled with my foot, like a probe wah. I can't seem to wrap my head around how this could be accomplished. Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so, how to implement it? Muchas gracias to anyone who chimes in.

PMowdes2

maybe like this.  Vact 1a/b is the standard led/ldr.  Vact 2b is the new ldr.  on a 3pdt switch and use the spare throw for a bi-colour ledto show what mode it's in.  Not sure if it will work but worth a try non?

DeadEndFX

gül

Phil to the rescue! Thanks heaps for the schematic, man. I will definitely be giving this a try. Have you built this thing? So nasty! I love it.

madbean

You should be able to just switch out one end of each photocell so an SPDT is only required. The dual LED isn't needed unless I am misunderstanding...the foot becomes the light source.

PMowdes

Quote from: madbean on August 13, 2018, 09:18:27 AM
You should be able to just switch out one end of each photocell so an SPDT is only required. The dual LED isn't needed unless I am misunderstanding...the foot becomes the light source.

I thought Aisha wanted this to be toggled via footswitch, so I just added a bicolour led to show which mode it was in.

madbean

Quote from: PMowdes on August 14, 2018, 05:00:57 AM
Quote from: madbean on August 13, 2018, 09:18:27 AM

I thought Aisha wanted this to be toggled via footswitch, so I just added a bicolour led to show which mode it was in.

Ah! I missed that. Sorry  :-[

gül

Phil knows how much I love the pretty lights! Thank you both for your help! I hope to have this one boxed up this week. I'll post a picture when it's done.